Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Importing in Itunes. Help.

Options
  • 10-11-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Does anyone know the reason itunes looks for the orginal source when a track is imported or any way to get rid of this feature? I make a few some tracks myself or download tracks itunes imports them fine and plays them but when i delete or even change the location of the orginal files an exclamation mark appears beside the track name in itunes and asks me to find the original file. Is itunes only a directory or something which requires back up for imported files or there some way of stopping this feature? Its incredibly annoying as i then take up far more space then i need too and have origianl files sitting in a huge unorganised fodler never used as they are also in itunes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

yeah i used to have that problem.. i now get itunes to copy all imported files into the actual itunes folder, this way therel be no exclamation marks and you can delete the duplicate of this file wherever u had it first on the computer.

in itunes go to edit> preferences> advanced> and then tick the box saying 'copy files to itunes media folder when adding to library'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Importing a file into iTunes without copying the file to the iTunes music folder creates an expectation for iTunes to always find the file where you say it is. Deleting or moving the file means iTunes is no longer able to see it, therefore use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Brilliant! cheers for the explanation and the solution

Advertisement