Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to look after a Venus Flytrap?

Options
  • 10-11-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hey I have a question on a venus flytrap I got from a mate. It's a very small baby like plant in a small pot. I just read they are difficult to maintain without dying!
    Does anyone have any advice on how to take care of it, the type of soil it likes, and repotting it into a larger pot allowing it to grow?
    Its a mad plant, and a great decoration plus killin flies which I hate, so i wanna take care of it well :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

cool where did your mate get them...i'd love one

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I bought one from Atlantic in Blanch during the summer. I water it with boiled cooled water and it has grown a long spike with a flower on the top. Ive had some before and they all died when I kept them in the house. The one I have now is in an unheated greenhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

cool where did your mate get them...i'd love one
    My mate got if for me in capel street. I was always saying they were mad plants! so he passed one day and got me one for the laugh.
    Just fed it it's first fly, it closes really quick!

Advertisement