Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was this call from Vodafone genuine?

• 10-11-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I recieved a call from a person claiming to be from Vodafone.

Now, she said that since I was on pre pay I was eligible for a deal where they would double the credit I buy, ie if I buy ten euros worth of credit, they would debit me with 20 euros worth of credit.

It all sounded legitimate, but she said not to expect to get a text until about Thursday.

Now is this legitimate or is it a scam?

I hope I haven't got myself into trouble!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Is the ph number a UK number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

The number is blocked. It just says withheld.

The person on the phone was definitely Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Once they dont ask for account numbers or any other bank details . then see what happens . . You should call Vodafone and ask them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

BVB wrote: »
    Once they dont ask for account numbers or any other bank details . then see what happens . . You should call Vodafone and ask them

Yup, just got an email back from Vodafone and they say it is a legitimate deal.

Advertisement