Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding C&C

• 10-11-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd post some of the wedding pics for C&C. I've got plenty of them. Looking for some feedback from some other wedding photog's.

4092063961_47dc6b9a1d.jpg

4092864744_db580ded5f.jpg

4092849194_16e700957d.jpg

4092159979_12d0163e5b.jpg

4092998864_c4d24c3ff9.jpg

4093028976_0588d49863.jpg

4092267901_1b243cbe05.jpg

4093075464_bf2efb6d17.jpg

4093081452_ca92c96ea1.jpg

4093108208_376952a364.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Jaysus number them next time, I'm no wedding 'tog but...

#1 Very good, pity your womans head is in it.

#2 I know you said you had to use 1.4 and it shows in this, Groom is totally oof compared to the bride.

#3 Is pretty good but shot looks amaturish once other people are seen using compacts etc

#4 Not very flattering to the Bride, not your fault but erm...

#5 Nice but pity she didn't have more space to her left.

#6 Love it, captures a great moment between the bride and her proud pops, great atmospheric shot too what with the light and shadows.

#7 Great again but I'd like to see a slightly softer look on the bride, obviously not matching her father but she just looks a bit too sharp.

#8 Very good but a standard shot....why I far prefer #6

#9 Not bad, would love a diff angle on this though!

#10 Nice moment, can see how the light was very tricky, highlighting parts and all that.

Overall you can see you took these shots as 'someone' there.
    Would love to see you there as the official or his helper etc

#6 my favourite, I also liked the BW you used, done very nicely IMO.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Aye, not much to add really. Good work. The noise creeps into a few of them but I don't think most clients would notice it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Number 2 was at 2.8 on the 24-70mm I think, as were most of the close ups inside the church near the altar, the light was so bad I couldn't use any aperture smaller. I know the groom is oof but I thought I'd concentrate on the prettier person! I know people have their P&S's in the shots. I wasn't the main photog so I couldn't go bossing people about. I shot these more like a gig than a wedding I thnk. Just catching what I could when I could. These def aren't photos for the proper wedding album.

Thanks for the feedback AR :)

Ya pretty much sums up what I said.

:p

#9 I should've added I love the composition but would've liked to see it from the front.
    and the diff in the brides looks between #4 and #5 was pivitol in my C&C in those 2 pics as well.

I would've dumped #4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

pete4130 wrote: »
    These def aren't photos for the proper wedding album.

Thanks for the feedback AR :)

I don't know about that, more than half of them would rank fine within professional context. My personal favs would be

3 : IMO there's nothing wrong with having the paparazzi in the shot, infact I think it tells a better story that with them in.

9 : perfect dancefloor moment, really a sweet shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Nice series of images & the B&W conversion is also very good.

eas wrote: »

9 : perfect dancefloor moment, really a sweet shot
    Yeah but I'd like Sky Sports cameras there so you'd have a few diff takes on a great capture moment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Yeah but I'd like Sky Sports cameras there so you'd have a few diff takes on a great capture moment. :)

rollerskates help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Very nice- I really like #1, 5, 7,8, 10- they all have a nice connection to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Very nice, bride looks great which is the main thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lovely shots Pete, number 7 is probably pick of the bunch out of them all for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Excellent job Pete. They really capture the fun of the day. The couple must be thrilled with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Great shots Pete, i really like the Black and White something very classical about it.

Theyre fun shots, well captured and presented.
    Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Great shots, some interesting angles, which is great wedding photos seem to be quiet 'samey' at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

Very good shots, Pete. If I was to give any advice, I'd say either pull back a bit or watch the crop. A lot of the shots have their heads very close to the top of the pic. A little more space in there would be nice. A very minor point.

Great job though, lovely atmosphere to the shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

Great shots. How did you do the B&W conversion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Very strong collection of shots, one of two real stunners among them.. Love the B & W conversion, makes them all tie in well together.

Advertisement