Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom paint job

Options
  • 10-11-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

hey guys i was just looking the masters custom tiger stripe paint job and i was wondering if someone could tell me the best way to do tiger stipe or do any of the shops do custom paint jobs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

quality airsoft supplies can do it for you http://qualityairsoftsupplies.com/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=71

or you could do it yourself its easy
    i just painted my rifle green

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

MIA do paint jobs just ring them up for a quoat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

hey guys i was just looking the masters custom tiger stripe paint job and i was wondering if someone could tell me the best way to do tiger stipe or do any of the shops do custom paint jobs.

A tiger stripe paint job is very easy mate

Don't have access to my photos here but essentially its just a case of;

1) prepare your AEG by blocking off/masking any areas you don't want paint on/in

2) paint your AEG black all over and allow to dry

3)mask off your stripes with masking tape cut into stripe shapes in the desired pattern

4) paint the entire AEG again all over in olive green

5) allow to dry and peel off the masking tape

et voilà you have a basic tiger stripe AEG

NB: that's a very simplistic way to do it I think some where else there's a fuller and more complete guide.

If you have any other questions fire away

Thanks you've been a great help to us.What enviroment does that pattern best suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

long grass or if your in a forest with a lot of ferns

• Advertisement

Cheeres i might try paint my MK12 myself i dosent sound too hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

What paint do most people use?

I've heard of Krylon but not sure if its still available.

I've an L96 that I'll be pimping up a little shortly and am considering painting the barrel and scope (+ scope mounts) so now is a good time to do a little research.

Advertisement