Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit Return Question

Options
  • 10-11-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. landlord here in the house I own.

Basically looking for advice. tenant came to me today said they wanna move out on the 22nd of this month 12 days away.

when they moved in they paid me 1 months rent 1 months deposit. 2 months into the tenancy they changed to paying me weekly as that is when they got paid.

So no regarding the deposit what do I do give a months back or withold 2 weeks? bills only arrived 2 weeks ago so they will all have to be taken account for

comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What does the lease say about notice? They are lodgers, not tenants, so reasonable notice is the main requirement. If they are moving out before their notice, potentially bill them until you can fill the room / until the full notice is up.

The pay weekly thing makes them sound like messers.

Check the meters on the day they move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

well there is no lease as there tenants so one wasnt drawn up. dont think it needed to be. Ye I think 12 days is taking the mick with regards to moving out.

I was thinking of keeping the 2 weeks minus the bills etc then sending the money on is that the right thing to do ?

Advertisement