Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malahide to Irishtown/Sandymount

• 10-11-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Is this a crazy commute? My girlfriend has been called for an interview for a job in the Irishtown/Sandymount area. It will require a car as she will have to carry veterinary equipment and sometimes do house calls so the train isn't an option unfortunately. We've looked on google maps and another route planner site but we're a bit lost so just wondering if anyone here knows the easiest way to get there from Malahide? She's not familiar with driving in the city or southside at all so any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Head towards Clontarf and get onto Alfie Byrne rd/East Wall road. Actually it might be easiest to head down the Malahide rd to Fairview then take the left turn at Annesley bridge whcih takes you on to East Wall rd. From there it's onto the East Link and over the river towards Irishtown.

Alternatively head into town then out along Pearse st, avoiding the toll.

(I haven't driven that way in a while though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Thanks Peter. There was no East Link route in the routeplanners we looked at. I'm guessing the town way would be a lot longer with traffic etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

To be honest I rarely went via town, I found that the worst area for traffic was always the Clontarf rd, sometimes East Wall rd could be busy too.

If possible, her best bet would be to try a couple of different routes at different times and figure out which route & what time works best. I'd go with the East Link myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is a trip that makes a lot more sense by train - is it possible to leave the vehicle at work?

Driving has a number of options.

1. Coast Road through Baldoyle and Dollymount and over the East Link Bridge.
    2. Malahide Road through Coolock and over the East Link Bridge.
    3. M1 and Port Tunnel (€12 toll in the morning rush hour) and over the East Link Bridge.
    4. Any of those options and using the Samuel Beckett Bridge which opens in Decemeber.

Advertisement