Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash and Carry open to the public in Dublin

• 10-11-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭

I remember years ago (Going back around 8 years) there was a cash and carry somewhere around the Long Mile Road or thereabouts. Think it was called The Big W. Or else just W. Anyway it was open to the public and had some great prices.

Is there anything like that around now?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved to requests, please be careful where you post in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

there was a so called "cash and carry" called maxworths opened in corduff in dublin 15 a while back,but they got into some legal issues and changed it to maxworths supermarket,I dont think cash and carry outlets can sell to the public anymore,vat related maybe?not too sure myself on that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

There's a cash and carry (Dublin) that will sell to you, so long as you don't walk in with a big group of lads and start buying up crates of beer or whatever. Just go in quietly and pay in cash (surprise :)) and it's grand.

It's on Camden Row, just off Lwr Camden St..., building with the greenish coloured roof in this google maps pic...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=camden+street+dublin+2&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.799322,77.695313&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2+Upper+Camden+St,+Dublin+2,+County+Dublin+City,+Ireland&ll=53.336227,-6.266096&spn=0.001012,0.002371&t=h&z=19

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

What are you buying? I'm just asking cos I used to get stuff in musgraves for bulk baking but tbh now I find unless you are buying brand names its not cheaper. I would buy a lot of tesco own brand, plus I don't have a rake of stuff going off that i have to get used up. Just something to consider. You could probably go in without a card to musgraves and check out the prices first to be sure, f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have been in musgraves many times and like the previous poster, find lots of stuff is more expensive, I dunno how they get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

The Herald AM have had adverts in the week about a cash and carry open to the public on weekends throughout November. I can't remember the name of it though. I checked the Metro on-line, but it doesn't seem to be in there.

Advertisement