Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroen C1, Passenger front Indicator and Parking lights not working.

• 10-11-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

I have a 2006 Citroen C1 from new. Recently my Passenger front indicator started to work intermittenly and now is not working at all. When I was checking this I also noticed that both my parking lights are also not working.

I have changed all necessary Bulbs and checked all fuses.

I am just wondering if anybody else has had this issue or has any idea of how it can be fixed.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Only a guess but it could be a faulty relay switch or corroded wiring loom.

I'd say have a good auto electrician take a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could be a problem with the indicator switch. The indicator switch and the parking lights are related. It may also be a problem with the BSI and/or wiring to either. Best to have it checked.

Where in Dublin are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

crosstownk wrote: »
    It could be a problem with the indicator switch. The indicator switch and the parking lights are related. It may also be a problem with the BSI and/or wiring to either. Best to have it checked.

Where in Dublin are you?
    Swords.

What is the BSI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

celticbest wrote: »
    Swords.

What is the BSI?

Builtin systems interface.
    nearly all of the newer peugoet/citroen have bsi's which are paired up with the engine ecu and immobiliser.
    With diagnostic equiptment you can actuate parking lights,indicators,electric windows,etc....which should tell if the fault is in the bsi...:)
    Ron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I've finally got the above issue fixed.

I brought it to an auto electrician who told me I'd have to bring it to Citreon and get it put on the computer.

I didn't do this straight away as I was afraid it was going to cost me an arm and a leg, so I put a few quid aside over the last few months.

Finally went to Lusk Motors 2 weeks ago and they had a look at it, it took them a while to figure out what the issue was as they had never seen it before. It turned out to be a loose connection behind the speedo.

And to make it all good they only charged me €40 euro's, so I had a few extra quid at the end of Jan.

P.S. Again thanks to all for there input in trying resolve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

celticbest wrote: »
    I've finally got the above issue fixed.

I brought it to an auto electrician who told me I'd have to bring it to Citreon and get it put on the computer.

I didn't do this straight away as I was afraid it was going to cost me an arm and a leg, so I put a few quid aside over the last few months.

Finally went to Lusk Motors 2 weeks ago and they had a look at it, it took them a while to figure out what the issue was as they had never seen it before. It turned out to be a loose connection behind the speedo.

And to make it all good they only charged me €40 euro's, so I had a few extra quid at the end of Jan.

P.S. Again thanks to all for there input in trying resolve it.

Thanks for letting us know what the fix was....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Lusk are a great outfit when it comes to Citroën repairs. They really know their stuff and Peter is a top guy. Nice to hear that they charged you an honest fee.

Advertisement