Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Front Lounge-Dublin

Options
  • 10-11-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I've never been here but it sounds good and am thinking about going.
    The only thing putting me off is it closes at midnight every single night, I've never, ever, ever known a place that closed at bang on midnight every night.
    Why these bizzare opening hours?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It certainly doesn't close at midnight on a Saturday night, and I'm pretty sure Friday is the same but I haven't been there on a Friday in a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bring ear plugs if you're going to be there after ten.
    Lovely spot until they whop up the music volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

A lot of people move on from the Flounge as the night progresses to the G or the Dragon to go dancing and stuff. It can go from insanely busy to quiet enough after midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

spurious wrote: »
    Bring ear plugs if you're going to be there after ten.
    Lovely spot until they whop up the music volume.

Ah its not one of those places is it? where they intentionally hike the volume so you cant talk and so you drink more...

..or worse, where they think the louder the music the more "mad" their venue is..

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ah its not one of those places is it? where they intentionally hike the volume so you cant talk and so you drink more...

..or worse, where they think the louder the music the more "mad" their venue is..

Its not that bad, most city centre venues up the volume later on as a matter of course. Sherland have interests in other gay venues so its not much different from others - they all get louder as the night goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Daisy D

Haven't been there in months (living in Cork) but everytime I go I've a brilliant time!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Volume is not excessive as compared to most bars in Dublin and if your down near the parliament street end it is lower anyway. Good vibe but as was said at the weekends most people move on to either the George or the Dragon around midnight anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

is there any quiete gay bars in dublin ? I wanna bring my boyfriend to one but reeeally don't want loud music

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not late at night, no. Daytime Front Lounge would be, early evening the front of the Dragon and Pantibar would be.

I have never gone to the old bar in the George (Bridies) so I've no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    is there any quiete gay bars in dublin ? I wanna bring my boyfriend to one but reeeally don't want loud music

Front lounge if you catch it on the right night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

MYOB wrote: »
    Not late at night, no. Daytime Front Lounge would be, early evening the front of the Dragon and Pantibar would be.

I have never gone to the old bar in the George (Bridies) so I've no idea.

The front part of Dragon is quiet enough even when the music is on later in the night, same can be said for the FL as the parliament street end is never particularly loud.

Jurasic doesn't play music as far as I'm aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

In my opinion the Front Lounge is one of the nicest gay bars/clubs in Dublin. The crowd is mixed, the attire is trendy and the music is funky. Last year, this place used to be packed to capacity until midnight when one and all ran for the George and the Dragon. I was there recently one Friday and the Flounge failed to reach brimming point. I can hazard a guess that Panti Bar has pulled most of the crowd away.

The Flounge does empty at midnight, but I've had some of the best nights there, dancing into the wee hours.

Give it a try. You might enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

KeyLimePie wrote: »

After about 10pm - No

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Actually I was in the Dragon last saturday and quite liked it :) the smoking are was cool and was able to talk to people around the place so I might do that,

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I despise the Front Lounge.

I went there one night a couple of months ago - came across a total asshole of a bouncer on a powertrip who would not let me in. He asked for my passport, saw that I was 18, and started questioning me. Name...addresss..date of birth...then was like - "erm yeah this isn't a kindergarten - you have to be over 21"..

...erm what?! Total prick. He spent like 5 minutes interrogating me only to NOT let me in, and then insult me!

I e-mailed the Flounge complaining of his rude behavior months ago but they never got back to me.

NEVER going there again. It's not even a 21+ place.

Advertisement