Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paul mcloone today fm

• 10-11-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just on the off chance can anyone name the songs that are played during his add on Today FM. The last on in particular its only on for a few sec's but I like the sound of it, plus a few others in the add. Also I think he's much much better then Tom Dunne.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I'll have an ear out.

You could always email him. He's always been quite pleasant and responsive to anything I wanted to ask. :)

And yeah, his show rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

..used to love Toms show and tried to give paul a chance but find his nordy accent and tone a bit too aggressive for me...he really tore into listeners the last night for slagging his "Frankie goes to hollywood" show opener...much preferred toms choice of music though...even though he was always playing the next big thing he used to hit the nail on the head a lot of the time....found dave Couses stint in that slot decent a few weeks ago...even though he's a bit of a motormouth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

If memory serves one of the songs is The XX - Islands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2jmPoUK58s

I did recognise most of them, next time i hear it I'll try to make a note and update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

spiderdan wrote: »

Also I think he's much much better then Tom Dunne.

I liked Tom Dunne, but agree that Paul McLoone is better, his show is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭loglogbarkbark

paul is brilliant way better then tom dunne and feargal sharkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

+1

prefer Paul to Tom and he's definitely better than Dave Couse too - tuned in a couple weeks ago when Couse was filling in and it was like listening to Smashy and Nicey, the amount of inane blather he was coming out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

can I ask who does the voice in the add? sounds like she is saying Paul McLoooowen not McCloone

Advertisement