Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flyers V Adwords V Dublin People

• 10-11-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I know this may sound vague especially with adwords relying on cpc. I am pondering whether which medium to advertise with and was wondering if anyone here had much experience with any of the advertising options above.

It would cost be about 200 euro for 5k flyers. For the same price i could advertise to Dublin peope which has circa 400k+ readers. For what i am looking for most of my keywords are quite expensive 1euro a click and over so i think adwords will be a lot more expensive especially since ill be giving away a certain number of months free on subscription upon joining the site.

Has anyone got much work from Dublin people and/or flyers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

SEO is the way to go it you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Andy_Black

Hi Atlas,

How do you know that your cost per click will be a euro? Don't rely on Google's estimate as it's notoriously unreliable.

More relevant ads get a higher click-through-rate, and are often rewarded with a higher position and reduced cost-per-click. There's lots of other ways of reducing your average cost per click, such as using all three match types for each keyword, and separating good performers into their own campaigns/adgroups/ads. You'll also get valuable statistics as feedback from Adwords that you won't get from a newspaper ad.

Remember too that 200 euros spent on Adwords should be targeted advertising since you're getting in front of the people who are actively looking for you... always the easiest people to sell to!

Ultimately SEO might be the way to go, but I've found it's better to start with PPC to learn what the market is looking for, and to adapt quickly to their feedback.

I hope that helps.

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sean Maguire

Hi Atlas,

I would suggest that you contact teh Dublin People and see if you can hammer out a deal over a long period as you have mentioned they have a readership of over 400,000 each week. The pick up on leaflets is less that 3% per run

S.

www.mediasales.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fabvin

I found that when I used adwords during the good days I got a better response from them than I did from the Papers. Leaflets are probably the next best thing, in a newspaper unless you are a full back page you are grouped in with too many people. If it is just for branding purposes then maybe fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Andy_Black wrote: »
    Hi Atlas,

How do you know that your cost per click will be a euro? Don't rely on Google's estimate as it's notoriously unreliable.

More relevant ads get a higher click-through-rate, and are often rewarded with a higher position and reduced cost-per-click. There's lots of other ways of reducing your average cost per click, such as using all three match types for each keyword, and separating good performers into their own campaigns/adgroups/ads. You'll also get valuable statistics as feedback from Adwords that you won't get from a newspaper ad.

Remember too that 200 euros spent on Adwords should be targeted advertising since you're getting in front of the people who are actively looking for you... always the easiest people to sell to!

Ultimately SEO might be the way to go, but I've found it's better to start with PPC to learn what the market is looking for, and to adapt quickly to their feedback.

I hope that helps.

Andy

Cheers i didnt know that.

Thanks for the responses guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PHONiC.ie

Id be sticking with Adwords, flyers would be a waste, as for Dublin people, if you wnat to go that route, ask them for a price and offer them a 1/3 of what they quoted. Dont budge off that figure. They WILL accept it in the end.

Advertisement