Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goalkeeper Robert Enke RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

RIP, was often linked with Utd earlier in his career, gets into the German squad sometimes too, sad news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Apparently lost a 2-year-old daughter a few years back. Must have been really struggling behind closed doors. Terribly hard on his poor wife.

RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Very sad, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

:eek: Wow that's shocking news always thought he was a decent keeper.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Shocked. He was actually a brilliant keeper, constantly linked with bigger clubs and the German #1 shirt.

R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's very very sad.

My sincere condolences to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

R I P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

RIP, an absolute trajedy and deepest condolences to his wife, daughter and family:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Truly heartbreaking.
    Very good keeper, my heart goes out to his family and relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Absolute tragedy.
    Must be a Darren Sutherland sense of shock in Germany tonight.
    RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Its sad stuff.

RIP

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RIP

very sad news, was decent keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Apparently lost a 2-year-old daughter a few years back. Must have been really struggling behind closed doors. Terribly hard on his poor wife.

True
    Enke's daughter Lara died in 2006 of a rare heart condition when she was just two. He leaves behind his wife, Teresa, and an eight-month-old daughter the couple had adopted earlier this year.

Very harsh on his wife and daughter, but then again depression can do awful things to people. It looks like it left him thinking they'd be better off without him, as bad as that sounds . . . . and totally untrue of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

RIP.Shocked seeing the news about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Desperately sad news
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I can't begin to conceive what I would do if I lost a child at any age, never mind that young, my heart goes out to his family. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Tragic situation and so many peoples lives destroyed. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

RIP.

Germany vs Chile will most likely be called off I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

So very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Depression is a terrible thing. Situations like this make me very aware that even those with apparently priveledged lives have the same problems as the rest of us.

Gigi Buffon discusses his own bouts of depression on his biography and how it almost forced him to give up football.

"Italian newspaper La Stampa has published extracts of the book titled 'Numero Uno' in which Buffon says he nearly quit the game during the 2003-2004 season.

“Was it because of fame or money? There were thousands of reasons,” Buffon writes.
    “Maybe you realise that you can't find the right woman or you fail to win the Champions League.
    “I went away for two months to receive treatment and to cure the depression.
    “Every time I fail to make a save this thing tries to come back, but you can't go away every three months to cure it.
    “I don't have any regrets at all, but I started my life in football when I was just 17 and maybe I didn't live my youth as I wanted.”"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Depression is a terrible thing. Situations like this make me very aware that even those with apparently priveledged lives have the same problems as the rest of us.

Gigi Buffon discusses his own bouts of depression on his biography and how it almost forced him to give up football.

"Italian newspaper La Stampa has published extracts of the book titled 'Numero Uno' in which Buffon says he nearly quit the game during the 2003-2004 season.

“Was it because of fame or money? There were thousands of reasons,” Buffon writes.
    “Maybe you realise that you can't find the right woman or you fail to win the Champions League.
    “I went away for two months to receive treatment and to cure the depression.
    “Every time I fail to make a save this thing tries to come back, but you can't go away every three months to cure it.
    “I don't have any regrets at all, but I started my life in football when I was just 17 and maybe I didn't live my youth as I wanted.”"

Good insight of how despite the apparent "perfect" lifestyle so many of us envy it turns out people onthat side of the fence seem to want a "normal" life.

Sad news on Enke, terrible for the family RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Apparently the German police found a note left by Enke

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5688048,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Just seen this now

:(

RIP Enke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

As a father to a 1 year old girl, I thank god everyday that we have a little healthy vibrant girl. I cannot imagine what Enke went through (or anyone else for that matter) when he lost his 2 year. Obviously 1 step too for the big guy

Very very sad. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

R.I.P

Very sad news

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

RIP Mr. Enke. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Enke, born in Jena in the former East Germany, also played for Borussia Moenchengladbach, Benfica, Barcelona, Fenerbahce and Tenerife.

RIP

Advertisement