Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAME OF THRONES [Book and TV Discussion (US Pace)]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

fitz wrote: »
    Excellent casting.
    Dead eyes in that picture - creepy, as required.
    I wonder who'll they get to play the delightful Ramsay Bolton?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

pljudge321 wrote: »
    He's got the eyes for it.
    ixoy wrote: »
    Dead eyes in that picture - creepy, as required.
    I wonder who'll they get to play the delightful Ramsay Bolton?

Yeah, the eyes and complexion are just how you'd want them.
    Sinister.

Ramsay will be interesting...and will be a fantastic part for whoever lands it.

Liking the look of the Jaqen casting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hard to argue with most of the casting so far to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Having watched The Borgias I've decided that Sean Harris needs a role.

Borgias_Micheletto_228x264.jpg

What role I haven't decided yet.

Would've made a great Theon, Edmure Tully perhaps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Or the aforementioned Bastard Bolton!

Might need some hair dye but yeah, wouldn't be a bad call.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hatgirl

Anyone else going to TitanCon, the Game of Thrones convention up in Belfast at the end of September? Syrio and Hodor are confirmed, there are likely to be other guests (many are looking forward to going, it seems, it just depends on the shooting schedule which should be sorted out closer to the date) but the star of the show is the Coach Tour of shooting locations on Sunday ending in a Medieval Feast at the Winterfell location (Castle Ward).

*bounces excitedly* I can't wait!

Sleepy wrote: »
    Would've made a great Theon, Edmure Tully perhaps?
    Dades wrote: »
    Or the aforementioned Bastard Bolton!

He's a bit old for both of those roles unless they massively age up the characters.

After reflection I'm thinking one of the wildings, Rattleshirt maybe. He would have made an excellent Bronn or even Stannis.

Mance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sleepy wrote: »
    Mance?
    Isn't Mance bigger though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Having watched The Borgias I've decided that Sean Harris needs a role.

Borgias_Micheletto_228x264.jpg

What role I haven't decided yet.

Well he wouldn't appear for quite a while yet...but Victarion perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

http://www.sporcle.com/games/maxvroom/game-of-thrones-most-mentioned-characters

10 minute quiz to see how many of the most-mentioned GoT characters you can name: 39/50, I was never getting
    Grenn or Rodrik Cassell
    anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Having watched The Borgias I've decided that Sean Harris needs a role....
    .....What role I haven't decided yet.
    Well that pic makes me think of Ramsay Bolton (or should that be Snow?)

In that pic he looks too ratlike to be Edmure Tully,
    and not really sure how I have pictured Mance, I assume more physically charismatic?

An amusing video I found on youtube of the romance 17 years previously of Lyanna and Rhaegar.

The editing is a bit mad but far play to the creator for the idea of using Lord of the Rings footage to cover past events. Aragorn as a young Robert, Boromir as young Ned and Legolas as Rhaegar. Also Eva Green from 'Camelot' as Lyanna Stark, I would done the same myself, Rhaegar!!

Not really relevant to the conversation at hand .....but a great metal version of the GoT title music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-ZmlwBWKM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Tenger wrote: »
    Not really relevant to the conversation at hand .....but a great metal version of the GoT title music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-ZmlwBWKM

I like that a lot more than the official one; just seems to be a lot more life to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

JohnK wrote: »
    I like that a lot more than the official one; just seems to be a lot more life to it.

And this one is rather good too, not sure if it's been posted:

Both of them are good. I have to say I like this one as well..

Tenger wrote: »
    Well that pic makes me think of Ramsay Bolton (or should that be Snow?)
    Lord Bolton - if you want to keep your skin!

Saw the new Roose Bolton in some British movie over the weekend - he really does suit the role.

I've heard people talking about Malcolm McDowell for Balon Greyjoy, stick a fuller beard on him and he'd be perfect.

malcolm-mcdowell.jpg

Patrick-Malahide-261x300.jpg

"...I pay the Iron Price"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone reading Clash of kings?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone reading Clash of kings?

Read it about 2 months ago......

Re-read them all in preparation for Dance (25% way through that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just about half way through ACOK ( :D ) and cant put it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I'm Half way through Book Two of A Storm of Swords! It's some book i tell ya. Season Three is gonna be awesome! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just about half way through A COK ( :D ) and cant put it down

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Damnit after reading the 5 books back to back in space of month, now have to wait several years before next book :( this is worse than waiting for tv series at least you know those come within a year

arghghghg

i dont often read fiction lately but this series was good, very good, the 4th book is a bit meh but the 5th one makes up for it, i presume seasons 4-5 ~(maybe 6 since 3rd book is so big) of the tv series will be a mix of the 4th and 5th book since they run in parallel for most part and just divided geographically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

If I see another joke or reference to the penis acronym I'll get very angry... you don't want to see me when I'm angry!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

If I see another joke or reference to the penis acronym I'll get very angry... you don't want to see me when I'm angry!

Which acronym, the COK one?

:P

Bloody Hell A Feast For Crows is hard work!

affc.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Bloody Hell A Feast For Crows is hard work!

affc.jpg

Bit of a slog, but totally worth it for the Arya chapters. That girl's a champ.

But for every Arya chapter there's a Sansa chapter to struggle through. :pac:

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    But for every Arya chapter there's a Sansa chapter to struggle through. :pac:

Sansa's aren't the worst, theres Brienne wandering about all over the place like a wonky satnav, and being told by every bloke that she meets that she could do with a good raping.

Then theres pretty much anything to do with the Iron born who are boring as f**k imo.

^^ I'd take Brienne over Sansa any day (your honour... :p)

Sansa's chapters are ok in AFFC though. Not so :rolleyes: as her chapters in the first two books! Plus we get to see more of Littlefinger being a creep, which is funny.

It's the new Characters that are hard work and
    Hate the new style of chapter naming, The Queen Maker, The Solied Knight ect ect. Wish GRRM used their real names and I'd have gotten to know them quicker

I don't mind that too much, it adds a bit of variation to the chapters.....

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Isard

Sansa's aren't the worst, theres Brienne wandering about all over the place like a wonky satnav,.
    Surprisingly, I didn't find her chapters that bad... I feel a strange sympathy for her... doesn't prevent me from thinking "What a fool!!!" from time to time, though;)
    Sonovagun wrote: »
    It's the new Characters that are hard work and
    Hate the new style of chapter naming, The Queen Maker, The Solied Knight ect ect. Wish GRRM used their real names and I'd have gotten to know them quicker
    I didn't like it, too, from the first time it began in AFFC.

AFFC has become my toilet reading. The other books were awesome and took me about a month to read in total but this one just has no direction apart from Arya and has taken me about a month and a half and I'm on page 577. Brienne and Sansa are really annoying and so is Cersei
    If I wanted to read about the role of women I'd have bought a book on the suffragettes.

Victarion is a nice POV character though. I wish they'd call the chapter Victarion rather than The Reaver though.
    Still pissed off over that certain longsword aswell.

Someone please assure me that Arya will be in ADWD? Or that it's slightly better than this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah she is, a bit anyway, and yes it is, IMO anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Just after finishing A Clash of Kings, flew throught it.

I read them originally when they were first published but never got around to reading book 4 after the long wait. I seem to have forgotten pretty much all of what happens thankfully :D

Going to get stuck into A Storm of Swords now tonight...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

osh wrote: »
    Just after finishing A Clash of Kings, flew throught it.

I read them originally when they were first published but never got around to reading book 4 after the long wait. I seem to have forgotten pretty much all of what happens thankfully :D

Going to get stuck into A Storm of Swords now tonight...
    You're in for a treat, ASoS is my favourite of the series thus far. Some absolutely jaw-dropping chapters in it - wish we didn't have to wait 3-4 years before we get to see them on screen... though watching them in my mind's eye isn't half bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Brienne is ugly. Don't trust a man cause you ugly. Don't trust yourself cause your ugly. She travels far and wide and yet still she is ugly.
    Boring... I couldn't care
    What happens to her she's just a device used to get the feeling portrayed of the common folk and lower peoples of the riverlands, fingers, etc...

Brienne is ugly. Don't trust a man cause you ugly. Don't trust yourself cause your ugly. She travels far and wide and yet still she is ugly.
    Boring... I couldn't care
    What happens to her she's just a device used to get the feeling portrayed of the common folk and lower peoples of the riverlands, fingers, etc...

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to spoiler that :pac:. It gets a bit old to read every man she comes into contact with telling her she needs a good raping :rolleyes:. Also, GRRM says "Words are wind," "Much and more," and "Little and less," almost every other sentence. It's a bit much....

I like Brienne, can't wait to discover what words she cries out

On ADwD now and it's much more enjoyable!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They're filming the Battle of the Blackwater at the moment apparently - that ought to be absolutely epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You're in for a treat, ASoS is my favourite of the series thus far. Some absolutely jaw-dropping chapters in it - wish we didn't have to wait 3-4 years before we get to see them on screen... though watching them in my mind's eye isn't half bad!

Yep just finished part 1, great book. Some amazing chapters in it alright

On to part 2 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hatgirl

Was anyone else at TitanCon? It was so cool to have so many GoT fans in the same hotel! I couldn't go on the coach trip, but I hear it was awesome *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Im afraid to search the thread in-case I see a spoiler. Does anyone know what date it will be back on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

April 2012 I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Been seriously neglecting the thread since the end of the first series. Any cool/interesting announcements I should know?

Some filming got delayed in Belfast cause one of the sets blew away when we got the tail end of that hurricane recently :P

• Advertisement

Advertisement