Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME OF THRONES [Book and TV Discussion (US Pace)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

ixoy wrote: »
    You know the way most shows have a wedding episode? Who here is looking forward to the wedding episode that'd take place at the end of Book 3 :D

I'm looking forward to all three wedding episodes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Anyone else enjoying the carnage on the television forum thread? Its nuts over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Gods damn it, why did I watch this? Now I can't wait for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Playboy wrote: »
    Anyone else enjoying the carnage on the television forum thread? Its nuts over there!

Why whats happening.

and as for the trailer, finally looking forward to that vaeserys bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Why whats happening.

and as for the trailer, finally looking forward to that vaeserys bit.

A wild mix of specualtion and spoliers with no-one knowing which is which .. arguements and accusations flying everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

A wild mix of specualtion and spoliers with no-one knowing which is which .. arguements and accusations flying everywhere!

Yeah it's a total mess, but at least thanks to this morning's posts I've now found this thread! Won't be bored in work this morning catching up in here. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What a clusterfcuk!

People get mad paranoid they're being 'spoilered' even though they have no idea whether they are or not. :p

ALSO - that trailer looks great. My missis and I are looking forward to Visery's scene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Dades wrote: »
    What a clusterfcuk!

People get mad paranoid they're being 'spoilered' even though they have no idea whether they are or not. :p

ALSO - that trailer looks great. My missis and I are looking forward to Visery's scene!

Us too - hope they do it extra gruesome :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

For those who are interested, the complete "A Song of Ice and Fire" (all the books published up until now so doesn't include "A Dance With Dragons" and therefore is complete only in the sense that it is incomplete) is available for $20 or approximately €15 on Kindle.

Definitely going to re-read these before A Dance with Dragons and there was no way I'd be picking up those heavy dead tree things again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Us too - hope they do it extra gruesome :pac:

Me too. The wife hasn't gotten that far in the book yet so it should be a good episode for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Episode 6 was just awesome! The show is getting even better.

Bronn's duel, Viserys' crowning and Peter Dinklage is really getting in to his character.

Wish I had HBO so I could watch the 7th episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Are HBO doing two episodes in a row or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

they dont seem to have, at least from what i can see that the cousins are posting over at the moment...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

One was on HBO Go only, which I believe is some sort of mobile only service, so might not be as easy to 'cousinify'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hbo go was being hammered, lots of people weren't able to actually watch episode 7. once it sorts itself out, im sure our cousins will get cracking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if anyone wants to pm me, for no particular reason.. they can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

if anyone wants to pm me, for no particular reason.. they can

Why? Are you a particularly attractive female? I only get a 500 max inbox I wanna save that for all the potential women who could possibly, maybe, some day contact me...

Looking forward to 6 tonight. Not too pushed on watching them on Sundays, we're enjoying our Monday evenings watching it. Really is moving a lot faster than I thought it would. Not sure what's going to be in any particular episode.

5starpool wrote: »
    One was on HBO Go only, which I believe is some sort of mobile only service, so might not be as easy to 'cousinify'.

ewwww. methinks i'll wait for the 720p post drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Fecking neighbor called in at the worse time, still got the end bit tho.

Aidan Gillan delivers the infamous line perfectly. Last three episodes should be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Scruff wrote: »
    ewwww. methinks i'll wait for the 720p post drop.

The episode 7 one I watched, while not perfect, was still fine to watch. No less exciting because I've read the books. Excellent stuff. Pity the series wasn't 12 hours long though really.

What do you get when you cross two amazing TV shows?
    Arrested Westeros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My o/h was in absolute shock at Vicerys being crowned and
    Ned being double-crossed by Littlefinger, even though she didn't trust him at all, she thought it'd be later on before he'd cross Ned
    (spoilers for episode 7)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭GenghisCon

Okay this is easily my favourite show at the moment!

Ànyone else looking forward to reading to the reactions over on the television forum more than the actual episodes when we get to episode 9/10?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Ànyone else looking forward to reading to the reactions over on the television forum more than the actual episodes when we get to episode 9/10?

No.

*gives u an odd look*

NOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!

The cousins sent me the last weeks episode instead of ep 7. Damn you cousins and your lack of attention
    :(

No.

*gives u an odd look*

You might want to not read the sci-fi thread in that case, its for the books as well and I had that post written out with spoilers included but changed it at the last minute because it looked like Zapp hadn't read the books.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

pljudge321 wrote: »

Absolutely. As a book reader my anticipation is partially to see how certain scenes are handled and partially to read the uproar in the TV thread!

I think Song of Fire and Ice was the first book that I had to put down due to 'plot shock' on a number of occasions.

Incidently reading Clash of Kings at the moment. There is a flashback/vision scene were you see a young Aegon Targaryen, his father proclaims that 'he has a song, he is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of fire and ice'. I had forgotten this scene, didn't realise 'song of fire and ice' was used in the plot. Now was this Aegon V The Unlikely (Grandfather of Aerys the Mad King)or Aegon the son of Prince Rhaegar?

Advertisement