Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tiny issue thats bugging me so much... a fan

Options
  • 10-11-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi Folks

As some of you may know I have recently completed my first time build, which is not that bad for any other first timers out there.....Research is THE word....

Anywho My PC is fine and nice and chilly now ( had 100C temps earlier in the game) but I am having a small issue but it is wrecking my head.

Basically for some reason I am unable to get my rear fan that came with my Cooler Master Storm Scout to spin for love nor money. It worked before, and then I had to undo all my work to remount the heatsink, put it all together again as before and the rear fan no longer works......

It is all hooked up within the casing and uses molex connectors via the PSU to run the fans. I tried disconnecting the 3 pin rear fan connection and plugging it into the mobo "sysfan" points and still nothing....

Anyone got any thoughts on this, it is bugging the B'jesus out of me!! :)

Thanks all

John

CM Storm Scout
    Corsair 650W HX Modular PSU
    MSI P55-GD65
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Samsung HD103SJ 1TB * 2
    Intel Core i5 750
    Kingston 2GB DDR3 1066MHz i5 Memory Module CL7
    Scythe Heatsink (ZIPANG 2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

It might just be a poor connector. You absolutely sure the correct molex plugs are going to the right connectors?

If it still doesn't work, do not sweat it. It is not an essential fan, and it doesn't actually matter much (I ran with it off for a while because I was missing a molex>3pin adaptor to plug it into my Fan controller).

Advertisement