Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New facebook....

• 10-11-2009 10:56pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hate the new facebook redesign -anyone with me? They've changed to the news feed vs live feed. Now I see less of what I want in my main feed, but too much crap in the live feed.

Is there any way to fix it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Probably is, but facebook is meh these days anyway. All it is, is peopel requestign you to join some ******ry arse group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I find the social networking model flawed anyway - myspace, bebo, facebook - they all looked dandy when they launched. a year in, they turn to ****.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Couldn't disagree more, and I work in social media. Facebook is different. They are here to stay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Meh, mafia wars works the same as it always did so I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Zascar wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more, and I work in social media. Facebook is different. They are here to stay.

Myspace and Bebo claimed the same thing. Facebook will die within a month of the next fad coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Totally agree. Facebook will be around for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

If you don't need pointless apps, try Facebook lite?

I like the cleaner interface: http://lite.facebook.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Farcear wrote: »
    If you don't need pointless apps, try Facebook lite?

I like the cleaner interface: http://lite.facebook.com/

Didn't know about that one , thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I've started ignoring most of the stuff that comes through on athe feed. Just click ignore to the right of the item. I've ignored any 'games' like the farm one etc.

I ignore all group requests too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bankrbr

where it says news feed blah blah in a column on ur page and then under it click for all apps ..click open all apps and click /drag status to the top now news feed is gone and facebook is back like it used to be .

its not the greatest description by me i know but thats how its done

• Advertisement
Advertisement