Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hanging mirror over fireplace

Options
  • 10-11-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

any advice please on how high above the fireplace or below the coving etc?? fireplace is 6ft wide by 4ft 3. the mirror is about 4ft wide by 2.5ft
    . should it be in the middle or a bit more up from the fireplace?

where should the cord be at the back? it's currently about a third down from the top rather than in the middle, where i thought it should be. is that right?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

paddles wrote: »
    any advice please on how high above the fireplace or below the coving etc?? fireplace is 6ft wide by 4ft 3. the mirror is about 4ft wide by 2.5ft
    . should it be in the middle or a bit more up from the fireplace?

where should the cord be at the back? it's currently about a third down from the top rather than in the middle, where i thought it should be. is that right?

thanks
    Hi Paddles,to get really technical,you shouldnt really put a mirror above a fireplace,as this puts people at risk of standing too close to the fire to look in the mirror.All that aside,if you choose to,theres no hard an fast rule where to hang it i.m.o. Get someone to hold it for you and hang it where it looks right to you.As for the cord,sounds about right.If it were in the middle,mirror would hang at more of a tilt.

Advertisement