Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone need a new runaround??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

What I find most interesting about the description of the car is this bit here:

"The car is in condition as in the 1994 Formula One season with paddle shift and traction control."

Briatore and Brawn and the rest of the Benetton team's defence at the time: "Oh, don't mind that, it's just some leftover, but unused, code in the ECU software from the last season when T.C. was allowed"......... my arse! ;):D We all knew what was going on, even if the FIA couldn't prove it definitively. The start of the French G.P. that year was conclusive proof if ever it was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

"The car is in condition as in the 1994 Formula One season with paddle shift and traction control."

Briatore and Brawn and the rest of the Benetton team's defence at the time: "Oh, don't mind that, it's just some leftover, but unused, code in the ECU software from the last season when T.C. was allowed"......... my arse! ;):D We all knew what was going on, even if the FIA couldn't prove it definitively. The start of the French G.P. that year was conclusive proof if ever it was needed.

Facepalmhomer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

EvilMonkey, i wholeheartedly agree..

blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Steering wheel looks very spartan....
    !Be,pn,!!mk~$(KGrHqIH-DoEredQVy7SBK9Jb-)dRw~~_3.JPG

...compared to this years R29.
    33bgx0z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

The badge on the left does say B194-08.

Does anyone know who HSR are and why the car would need an Annual Tech?

Also, note the knob with 4 settings on it with what looks like the letters TC below them. Surely the FIA couldn't have missed that. Maybe the car isn't as stock as the seller is letting on.

Also, this car was previously for sale in Indiana last year. So either it didn't sell or it is about the get its third owner in two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

EvilMonkey and Red Storm, what's with the facepalms towards what I posted above? The seller says this car comes with traction control enabled, which was banned in 1994, therefore there's nothing ridiculous in what I posted. I was just pointing out what the FIA (and pretty much everyone else involved in F1 or who even watched F1 at that time) suspected but couldn't prove conclusively, that Benetton had been running T.C. illegally for at least the first half of the 1994 season, until the FIA started snooping around anyway, and their defence was that the T.C. software discovered hidden deep in the E.C.U code was that it was just a leftover piece of code in the programming from the previous year (when T.C. was legal) but that hadn't been used in 1994.

As for what may or may not be a T.C switch that zeris mentioned (hard to tell from that angle), I agree that it was either labelled something else in 1994 so the FIA wouldn't cop onto it and the owners have re-labelled it in the years since, or it was put in there by one of the owners since in order to control the T.C level.

As for buying old F1 cars, I've always said if I won the Euromillions I'd love to buy one of the Jordan 191s and have it mounted upside down on the ceiling of the living room in the big house I'd buy! ;) It would certainly be one hell of a conversation starter! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

zeris wrote: »

Also, note the knob with 4 settings on it with what looks like the letters TC below them. Surely the FIA couldn't have missed that. Maybe the car isn't as stock as the seller is letting on..

Could be the "AC" :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

EvilMonkey and Red Storm, what's with the facepalms towards what I posted above? The seller says this car comes with traction control enabled, which was banned in 1994, therefore there's nothing ridiculous in what I posted. I was just pointing out what the FIA (and pretty much everyone else involved in F1 or who even watched F1 at that time) suspected but couldn't prove conclusively, that Benetton had been running T.C. illegally for at least the first half of the 1994 season, until the FIA started snooping around anyway, and their defence was that the T.C. software discovered hidden deep in the E.C.U code was that it was just a leftover piece of code in the programming from the previous year (when T.C. was legal) but that hadn't been used in 1994.

As for what may or may not be a T.C switch that zeris mentioned (hard to tell from that angle), I agree that it was either labelled something else in 1994 so the FIA wouldn't cop onto it and the owners have re-labelled it in the years since, or it was put in there by one of the owners since in order to control the T.C level.

As for buying old F1 cars, I've always said if I won the Euromillions I'd love to buy one of the Jordan 191s and have it mounted upside down on the ceiling of the living room in the big house I'd buy! ;) It would certainly be one hell of a conversation starter! :D

The traction control argument has been made about a million times before.. End of, give it a rest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

one of jackie stewards cars would do me just fine :cool:

Advertisement