Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book release dates in Ireland

Options
  • 10-11-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

Possibly a bit of a stupid question but new albums are usually released here earlier than the uk. Is it similar for books? i'm dying to get my hands on the new nabokov unfinished novel. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 calamative

I've been waiting for the novel since the start of the summer too.

The Guardian says staightforwardly enough:
    ...simultaneous worldwide publication on 17 November, but strictly under embargo until that date

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Albums come out here generally three days earlier because of how the Irish chart works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Fad wrote: »
    Albums come out here generally three days earlier because of how the Irish chart works.

That i did not know i presume it was simply a shipping issue of it getting here early

I shall have to wait but a week aint much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 calamative

a week's better than another 30 years...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've found books released here before the UK. Not for big titles mind you, but for other authors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement