Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS multiple images in one background

Options
  • 11-11-2009 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi guys, I'm using css and html, but can't get two images to be in the same background one after the other..any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I don't know how myself, but why not just combine the two images together, make them one big image side by side using GIMP or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you could place them in divs and use z index property and place everything on top etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

As was said already ... I think the simplest will be just to use a graphics package to merge the two images and then use the resulting image as the background. You could also write a script to merge two images via PHP ...cache the resulting image and output that if you'll be requiring merged images on a regular basis ... but in terms of CPU usage it'll be quite intensive doing it on the fly especially if the site is busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

http://event-horizon.twiddles.com/sites/experimental/css3-bg/

otherwise google might help :) worth playing around but being standard compliant or render properly on all browsers is still quesitonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

shamboss wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm using css and html, but can't get two images to be in the same background one after the other..any ideas?

Thanks

I'm sorry but what exactly are you looking for? Image rollover? Gif animations? If you can explain more then we'll be able to provide an easy solution to your problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement