Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Query- ICB-Mortgage

Options
  • 11-11-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I ran in today and asked my local credit union for a motor loan. Was 4.50pm, was in a rush. Had all I was asked to bring-P60,yea, Payslips,yea. Book,yea.
    I answered all their questions,no loans, no kids,etc. signed where I was told to and then asked to sign an ICB form. Signed this no problem.

I discussed it with herself on the way home and she said they would check my credit and see I pay mortgage payments which could go against me. I was worried as I was asked had I any personal loan which i dont but wasnt asked or wasnt paying attention if asked about mortgage. To be honest the girl seemed as eager as me to get outa there.

Missus told me to ring up in morning to go through it all again but I checked the ICB website and it state my CU are not members yet, just says membership in progress.

What should I do? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd imagine the ICB website is just not up to date yet.

Call them, and speak to the person involved. It might turn out to be a non-issue, but it's probably best to be up-front about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I ran in today and asked my local credit union for a motor loan. Was 4.50pm, was in a rush. Had all I was asked to bring-P60,yea, Payslips,yea. Book,yea.
    I answered all their questions,no loans, no kids,etc. signed where I was told to and then asked to sign an ICB form. Signed this no problem.

I discussed it with herself on the way home and she said they would check my credit and see I pay mortgage payments which could go against me. I was worried as I was asked had I any personal loan which i dont but wasnt asked or wasnt paying attention if asked about mortgage. To be honest the girl seemed as eager as me to get outa there.

Missus told me to ring up in morning to go through it all again but I checked the ICB website and it state my CU are not members yet, just says membership in progress.

What should I do? Any advice?

Some credit unions are members of ICB, many are not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The ICB website should be a fairly clear reflection of what credit unions are part of ICB.

Advertisement