Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming around to 360 thinking ,at last

• 11-11-2009 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Can't seem to get borderlands out of my head ,love forza 3 and the new gta4 game.
    Is there any different type of games ,that would be 360 exclusive ,not chillout or anything but something completely different ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Mass effect was good the Halo games are rubbish but some small children like then. Left 4 dead is great fun ( L4D 2 is out next week )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Gears of War 1 & 2 and L4D are the only standout exlcusives in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Halo, l4d, GOW and forza are enough reason to buy a 360.

only reallllllllllllly decent thing that ps3 has, is uncharted 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

unreal machine!!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Halo, l4d, GOW and forza are enough reason to buy a 360.

only reallllllllllllly decent thing that ps3 has, is uncharted 2.

Who mentioned PS3?

The guy asked for suggestons for Xbox games. Any chance we would keep the discussion to that?

• Advertisement

no. i was making him aware of why xbox is still better than playstation, more knowledge is always better than less knowledge.

just shhh and stop giving out.

no. i was making him aware of why xbox is still better than playstation, more knowledge is always better than less knowledge.

The OP obviously doesn't need to be convinced to buy an Xbox (he possibly already has one) by you slagging off the PS3.

It's possible to recommend games without slating the other console.

What I said was that, in my view (that's the important part, opinion) that those games are the only STANDOUT exclusives. I didn't say the PS3 is better and I didn't say that all other Xbox 360 games, exclusive or not, are rubbish.

It's really irritating when these discussions come down to Xbox vs PS3.

So let's just concentrate on the question he asked, shall we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Playing Prototype on the PC. It's also on the Xbox360.

Think somewhere along the lines of spiderman, hancock, and hitler? general bad-guy rolled into one? It's a GTA type layout, where you have a big city, lots of people to kill, stuff to kill, stuff to blow up. Oh, and to regain health, you consume people. Nothing better than consuming some random person to get your health up :D

A fun game, I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

smooch71 wrote: »
    Who mentioned PS3?

The guy asked for suggestons for Xbox games. Any chance we would keep the discussion to that?

You 2, no back seat modding. Keep it on topic. If you want to discuss the difference between consoles then go here. First and only warning.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    You 2, no back seat modding. Keep it on topic. If you want to discuss the difference between consoles then go here. First and only warning.

i wasn't trying to back seat mod anything, i was making the point that both games have some exclusive games, and that the xbox has a good few, was relating to the topic....

But this dude comes in from another thread just aimlessly trying to stir things up, funny really.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »

Not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Thanks for the replies ,I've both consoles at the moment.
    The ps3 was my first online gaming machine about two years ago.
    I got the new forza pack last week and the games above I mentioned along with gears of war 2.
    The orange box is a favourite of mine ,I downloaded left for dead2 and it reminded of the cartoony style of it:)

There isn't any sword control games around by any chance ? ,I'll have a look at prototype and mass effect.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    There isn't any sword control games around by any chance ?

Dynasty Warriors has swords but it wasn't my cup of tea. The Force Unleashed has Light Sabres (sort of swords :)) and is ok. Should be able to pick up both cheap enough 2nd hand. I'd read a few reviews of both before you do though, just to make sure they're what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Can't seem to get borderlands out of my head ,love forza 3 and the new gta4 game.
    Is there any different type of games ,that would be 360 exclusive ,not chillout or anything but something completely different ?

Lost Odyssey,best 360 rpg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Xluna wrote: »
    Lost Odyssey,best 360 rpg.

Fable II

Advertisement