Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NI, Enniskillen - Where to by Tv?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Going to Enniskillen this weekend, any recommendations on a place to buy a TV? Or if there are any good deals at the moment. Never been to Enniskillen for shopping before so clueless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 realcavanman

Need to be aware that TVs using the UK system use MPEG2 while R.O.I. use MPEG4. See other posts that explain but basically you won't be able to pick up RTE TV3 etc digital freeview when it arrives shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Need to be aware that TVs using the UK system use MPEG2 while R.O.I. use MPEG4. See other posts that explain but basically you won't be able to pick up RTE TV3 etc digital freeview when it arrives shortly.

I know that thanks, I am after a 50" Plasma for gaming and blurays etc. and I already have an Irish Mpeg4 Panny, I have got two MPEG4 DTT settop boxes I can use anyway with DTT whenever it becomes properly functional. I find Irish spec Panasonics to be sheer poverty spec compared to the UK versions and the Irish ones have "power on preference" removed which is a feature which detects the incoming signal from HDMI and changes channel like scart does. Having to select the HDMI input everytime for the SkyHD box is a pain in the danglies. It only works on HDMI port one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Not too familiar with Enniskillen, but Currys have a unit in the Railway Junction Retail Pk on the Hollyhill Link Road. Also, the local TV and Electrical shops might be an option.

Alternatively, pop over to the RicherSounds forum and ask John there. He usually gives great prices and gives an extra discount for boardies.

They are based in Belfast (7 Smithfield Square, behind the Castlecourt centre) but they will deliver to the south. They are also linked to the Philips shop in Dublin, so they can deliver the TV there for you for pickup.

If nothing, it will give you prices to compare against other retailers in the north (Currys etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

asda stocks a fair range of electricals (had alot in there a few weeks ago when i was in)
    http://direct.asda.com/TV-+-DVD/4303,default,sc.html?psortb1=price&psortd1=1&viewAll

sorry if its too late (46" seems to be the biggest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MarysCross

My cousin lives there, I know there's definitely two in the town Mullen Brothers and Reillys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Bit late with this but im heading up this weekend and heading to tescos in enniskillen 26inch for £220

Advertisement