Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 Address Bar

• 11-11-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to get the address bar to actually show the folder that files are in?

Basically if I go into the folder
    C:\Users\Blisterman\Music\Air\Moon Safari

In the address bar it says
    Libraries Music Air Moon Safari

I like the idea of being able to go back to earlier levels, but with it not actually corresponding to where the files are, it is utterly confusing. Is there a way to change this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Libraries are meant to aggregate content of the same type from different folders, so you could have several folders being referred to by your music library, hence putting an actual directory path in the address bar of a library window wouldn't make sense. If you click in the address bar of a regular folder it will show you the full path to the folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Remove the folder from the music "library". If you're talking about a folder that was in the library by default then you can just delete the library. I deleted all my libraries, my hard drive partitions are highly organised and I have no use for that fancy stuff :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

How do I make it so that the Start Menu shortcuts actually lead to the music folder rather than the library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Blisterman wrote: »
    How do I make it so that the Start Menu shortcuts actually lead to the music folder rather than the library?

move all your music to the library where it should be and windows media player and so on will update them selves automatically by them folders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Is there any way to get the address bar to actually show the folder that files are in?

Basically if I go into the folder
    C:\Users\Blisterman\Music\Air\Moon Safari

In the address bar it says
    Libraries Music Air Moon Safari

I like the idea of being able to go back to earlier levels, but with it not actually corresponding to where the files are, it is utterly confusing. Is there a way to change this?
    Simply click it once and it will be highlighted and change to it's actual location. Try it out. It works for Libraries as well.

11865.png

To:

11866.png

Unfortunately, you only have the option of viewing the full path in the title bar with the Classic Theme turned on.

11867.png

• Advertisement

I seem to be missing the File/Edit/View... Toolbar. How do I make this show? Also, is there a way to get the button which brings you up a level back, like in XP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

I seem to be missing the File/Edit/View... Toolbar. How do I make this show? Also, is there a way to get the button which brings you up a level back, like in XP?
    Press ALT.

For it to be permanent, go to Tools > Folder Options > View > Tick "Always Show Menus" > Apply > OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's no need for the up button when you have the breadcrumb trail, just click on where you want to go in the breadcrumbs.

Yeah, but like I said earlier, it's not always the exact higher folder.

Advertisement