Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins album blog

• 11-11-2009 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure if this was the right music forum for this post, so mods feel free to move it about.

For any Smashing Pumpkins fans out there, Kerry Brown (currently working with SP on their new 44-track album), has been keeping a blog about the development of their current work. There's a couple of videos up there, a few posts about the instruments they're using etc. Billy Corgan has written a few posts too.

Check it out here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GoodKnightAlex

Gotta love Billy Corgan. I've just grabbed a bunch of Smashing Pumpkins CDs online, heading my way now.
    Lost my CD collection a while ago, so I've got to re-stock on the goodies.

Looks like they're hard at work! (http://www.twitvid.com/A68DF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

44 tracks!? Jaysus! A quadruple disc album? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

That band are dead to me. :(

This new direction, crap live shows, no signature, etc, have killed the band for me.

And i truly doubt this will be a patch on the Aeroplane Flies High singles. Although it is one of my biggest dreams that i will be proved utterly wrong.

Smashing_Pumpkins-logo-89F6AFADD2-seeklogo.com.gif
    1991 - 2000

by no means do i like this:
    b843a4e030568890f169f223b2a7848c.jpg
    2006 - ???

It's just a difference in attitude that for me is summed up in their logos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I think a lot of people are of that opinion. To be honest, I'm quite looking forward to hearing their new work. I thought Zeitegist was an excellent album. It's not my favourite Pumpkins album, but I really think it got a lot of harsh reviews from the critics.

The way I see it is that the Pumpkins are a different band now. There's a lot of new artists contributing to their tracks, taking the place of the pre-break-up members. Their new drummer Mike Byrne seems like one to watch. I think Billy was always the strongest creative force in the band, and I'm glad that he is keeping it alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Notorious wrote: »
    I think a lot of people are of that opinion. To be honest, I'm quite looking forward to hearing their new work. I thought Zeitegist was an excellent album. It's not my favourite Pumpkins album, but I really think it got a lot of harsh reviews from the critics.

I thought it was okay for The Smashing Pumpkins, then i went back and listened to 'Thee' Smashing Pumpkins, and changed my opinion of it. I thought it was bland and mono in comparisant to most of their previous work.
    Notorious wrote: »
    way I see it is that the Pumpkins are a different band now. There's a lot of new artists contributing to their tracks, taking the place of the pre-break-up members. Their new drummer Mike Byrne seems like one to watch. I think Billy was always the strongest creative force in the band, and I'm glad that he is keeping it alive.

That's it for me too. But unfortnately i don't like this new band.

P.s Thanks for not threading on me for stating me opinion, many posters on these boards would. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement