Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luxury Dublin Hotel or Country Spa asap???

• 11-11-2009 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

Thanks for viewing my request.

Myself and my girlfriend have birthdays that fall within 2 days of each other. Im trying to organise a last minute stay for us but im not exactly flushed at the moment!

I initially had a destination spa in mind, such as monart. They are doing a room for €210 at the moment which covers access to the "Thermal Spa". The only other destination spas i could find are Temple Spa and Park Hotel, Kenmare and they're both very expensive. However, i have since been thinking a stay in a luxury hotel in Dublin city centre would be just as nice. Perhaps somewhere pretty central with a leisure center/jacuzzi etc? This would mean we wouldnt have to spend time travelling and could enjoy the stay more...

In short; I would like to get your opinions on what you have experienced and recommendations as regards both Destination spas and city centre luxury hotels with leisure facilities.

I planning the trip for this Thursday, so any help in the meantime would be very very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

hummer015 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for viewing my request.

Myself and my girlfriend have birthdays that fall within 2 days of each other. Im trying to organise a last minute stay for us but im not exactly flushed at the moment!

I initially had a destination spa in mind, such as monart. They are doing a room for €210 at the moment which covers access to the "Thermal Spa". The only other destination spas i could find are Temple Spa and Park Hotel, Kenmare and they're both very expensive. However, i have since been thinking a stay in a luxury hotel in Dublin city centre would be just as nice. Perhaps somewhere pretty central with a leisure center/jacuzzi etc? This would mean we wouldnt have to spend time travelling and could enjoy the stay more...

In short; I would like to get your opinions on what you have experienced and recommendations as regards both Destination spas and city centre luxury hotels with leisure facilities.

I planning the trip for this Thursday, so any help in the meantime would be very very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance :)

Whats your budget (for both of you) overall? Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hummer015

tommy21 wrote: »
    Whats your budget (for both of you) overall? Where are you based?

Based in Dublin.

My budget for the accommodation/any spa treatments would be around €300

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

You could try the Castleknock golf and country club hotel,beautiful hotel and has very good spa facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

You could try the Shelbourne, I booked it for a Saturday night about a month ago for €120 using Priceline. We got a deluxe room which was very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

you could check out this offer posted in Bargain Alerts a while ago and see would it work for you.

http://www.carlton.ie/7thheaven

Dont think breakfast is included so you will have to take that into account. I have never stayed at any of these so cant comment on them but sure you will have a few euro left to spend on the spa...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

me1724 wrote: »
    you could check out this offer posted in Bargain Alerts a while ago and see would it work for you.

http://www.carlton.ie/7thheaven

Dont think breakfast is included so you will have to take that into account. I have never stayed at any of these so cant comment on them but sure you will have a few euro left to spend on the spa...

My self and my boyfriend stayed in the Carlton Millrace Hotel in Bunclody the weekend before last and we really enjoyed it. We got a great deal back in September as it was their 5th Birthday. It was get one night for €55 and get the second night for €5. So the two nights cost us 60 euro - brilliant and we also got €100 euro worth of vouchers on arrival to use in the hotel which included €20 euro off a facial and €20 euro off a couple's treatment, €20 euro off dinner. Not sure if you would get the hotel for this price now but I know a girl I work with booked for January and the 2 nights cost €84. Breakfast wasn't included in this though but there is a little coffee place down the road which you could go too and also Carlow is about half an hours drive away. Would be worth ringing up and enquiring about prices. Any more questions on it just ask. Hope you find something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Flloydy

The Ritz Carlton at Powerscourt has some amazing offers right now and has a wonderful spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hummer015

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

I ended up booking La Stampa Hotel. Its a boutique hotel based on Dawson street.

For €270 i got a room for one night with use of the spa and an hour long massage (each). This appealed to me as we have plenty of options for dinner as well as it being located close to home.

Thanks again

Advertisement