Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adam Carroll to manor??.

• 11-11-2009 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

According to f1live it seems bebo Adam Carroll could be getting a seat with new team manor next season. I think it would be a great note for him as it seems via A1 seems all but doomed at the moment. I just hope if races under the Irish flags it would do wonders for the sport here. Sorry about the grammar im using the dictionary on my phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Its been rumoured for a while, hope it works out for him. Its hard to say how competitive any of these new teams will be if they make it to the grid though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Considering Manor are only using CFD for the car, i would be a tad worried... The Lola works team of 1997 springs to mind..

If i'm totally honest, I can't see Manor or Lotus being at all competitive, USF1 possibly but i hope to jesus Sauber are given a spot on the grid. Campos mightn't even show up methinks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

If he does get seat this year ill be very happy as i have been watching the f1 and not really supporting anybody since Irvine retired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=352036&FS=F1
    Manor has moved into the frame to sign Timo Glock for 2010.

In the Abu Dhabi paddock earlier this month, it seemed the Toyota driver would almost certainly be switching to Renault to become Robert Kubica's teammate.

But with Renault now considering its future, which has held up announcements regarding 27-year-old Glock as well as the identity of Red Bull's engine supplier, German Glock is eying his other options for the 2010 season.

Manor will almost certainly be strongly backed by British billionaire Sir Richard Branson and even renamed 'Virgin F1' for 2010, and Auto Motor und Sport reports that Glock is at the top of the list to be in the cockpit.

"We are still in serious negotiations with three teams," his manager Hans Bernd Kamps said, "and Manor is one of them.

"We are approaching the finish and expect a decision at the beginning of next week," he added.

The German magazine said Glock's teammate would likely be a pay-driver, such as the Brazilian Lucas di Grassi or Irishman Adam Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Red Storm wrote: »
    Considering Manor are only using CFD for the car, i would be a tad worried... The Lola works team of 1997 springs to mind..

Nick Wirth was also the designer of the split rear wing the FIA was trying to introduce. It was all done on CFD but the Technical Working Group did a wind tunnel test and said it wouldn't work.

I think one of Wirth's companies does CFD so perhaps he is biased as to how useful CFD is.

Lets hope that since 1997 (Lola) to 2005/6 (the wing) to now that CFD has improved. Otherwise Manor are going to spend a year doing very expensive and very public full scale testing of the design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭madmarco245

Why Di grassi? Carroll has proven in the A1GP that he can drive, and drive well. I hope he does get into F1. Also, that means Quinn will get to strut his stuff in A1GP. Never know, someday we may see him in F1 too :)

Why Di grassi? Carroll has proven in the A1GP that he can drive, and drive well. I hope he does get into F1. Also, that means Quinn will get to strut his stuff in A1GP. Never know, someday we may see him in F1 too :)

Probably down to the large wad of sponsorship cash Di Grassi wants to put into the hands of the team owner. Possibly more cash if Petrobras and Williams/Rubens can't come to a new agreement and Brawn/Merc decide to stick with Mobil and Senna hasn't already emptied the piggy bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

That's if we see A1GP at all:(

Very true f1dan. Now the Brazilian media are reporting that a contract with Di Grassi is already signed. Then again, this could just be bias. How accurate has the media speculation been before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Virgin confirms di Grassi
    That looks to be the nail in the coffin for Carrols chances this year. Here's hoping he didn't put all his eggs in the manor basket!

• Advertisement

Shame indeed. Either he has another choice which he didn't talk of, or he's not in until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

Think his chance of a F1 drive are long gone, he had an opportunity with Honda when he was their reserve driver and also on their young driver programme a few years ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭joesoap007

wasn he was in some sort of deal with ferrari,herd that during the summer,,were all the A1 cars runing on ferrari power last year?or just carrolls car?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

joesoap007 wrote: »
    wasn he was in some sort of deal with ferrari,herd that during the summer,,were all the A1 cars runing on ferrari power last year?or just carrolls car?
    All A1SuperCalifragillisticGP Cars were running Ferrari engines last year. What happens now is a matter for whoever's willing to pick up the pieces.

The series was built on sand, from it's promoters to the people backing certain teams. History will regard it as some kind of motorsport purgatory for drivers who have seats by accident of birth.

Robbo wrote: »
    History will regard it as some kind of motorsport purgatory for drivers who have seats by accident of birth.

Excellent. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

According to this article there may yet be hope for Adam Carroll but this time with Campos:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=355764

Adam Carroll has a choice of Renault, Toro Rosso, USF1 or Campos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

zeris wrote: »
    Adam Carroll has a choice of Renault, Toro Rosso, USF1 or Campos.

Have any of those teams offered him a deal?

frostie500 wrote: »
    Have any of those teams offered him a deal?

Not that I know of but those teams have an unallocated seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

zeris wrote: »
    Not that I know of but those teams have an unallocated seat.

Well that means those teams have a choice of Carroll, not Carroll having a choice of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Torro Rosso have confirmed both drivers already.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Well that means those teams have a choice of Carroll, not Carroll having a choice of them

I was referring to Ficus's comment.

Torro Rosso have confirmed both drivers already.

Indeed, I missed that announcement.

Advertisement