Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can we improve the Tipperary forum?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 5:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Any ideas people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ban people from Limerick City?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

less irrelevant threads for some, miniature american flags for others

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

EKRIUQ wrote: »

Constructive statement alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

To be honest most people don't know it exists!!

And (don't kill me!) if they do, they don't really care. I rarely check it like! I realise that this isn't entirely helpful but just my thoughts.

Now the constructive bit....

A few picture threads maybe?? A who i saw in my town last night in the pub??

An active "bar"??

I'll think of more later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    if that was a dig at me then ill just tell ya im from tipperary but i live in limerick. If not apologies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

A few picture threads maybe?? A who i saw in my town last night in the pub??

Absolutely. Pictures people, pictures. Show us what you're talking about. (Pictures are one of the things that makes the Infrastructure forum such a quality board; no reason we can't do the same here.) Also, maybe raise some topical issues about Tipp such as controversial developments, newspaper articles, bad roads/good roads, maybe have more Tipp history threads (such as threads about Cahir Castle/Rock of Cashel), a Tipp surnames thread, a Galtee Mountain hillwalking thread, etc.
    Lastly, TELL non boardsies about boards.ie!

Furet wrote: »
    Also, maybe raise some topical issues about Tipp such as controversial developments, newspaper articles, bad roads/good roads

I agree somewhat. Having topics that can be discussed for a few pages is a good idea, for example the Showgrounds thread, that went on for quite a while, even if several pages dealt with Bus Eiréann timetables! Bigger/better threads lead to a general interest in the forum itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

I know it's been raised before and there may be good reasons for it but having discussion on South Tipp and especially Clonmel in the Midwest section is holding this place back. As a Clonmelite, it is just not natural to be looking in the MidWest for info or discussion on 'de town'. We're South Easteners - always were... always will be.

I know it's been raised before and there may be good reasons for it but having discussion on South Tipp and especially Clonmel in the Midwest section is holding this place back. As a Clonmelite, it is just not natural to be looking in the MidWest for info or discussion on 'de town'. We're South Easteners - always were... always will be.

I would agree on the positioning of the forum on the 'Region' section.

Maybe a mod can take note?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I would agree on the positioning of the forum on the 'Region' section.

Maybe a mod can take note?

Not really a mod decision to take and the last time this was brought up where was a lot more people in favour of leaving it where it is rather than changing it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i didn't really know this existed and i've been on Boards for years!!!
    it's located in the wrong section at least for peeps from the south east.

I'll see if i can dig up some photos from the county at least there could be a photo section stickied

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I thought maybe this might be useful here, a discussion thread on all things Tipperary hurling related. Personally I'd prefer it here than in the GAA forum. Would there be much interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yep,I'm a hurling man.Big league game against the cats coming up in a couple of weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

tippspur wrote: »
    Yep,I'm a hurling man.Big league game against the cats coming up in a couple of weeks !

I think it'd be of great benefit to the Tipperary forum. Frankly a Tipp forum without a hurling thread seems highly unusual. Only problem is some Tipp folk aren't aware of this forum, as has been said earlier in this thread. Still think it's worth the chance though. I will start one then in time for the NHL and we'll see how it goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Yes correct but what about north tipp..
    The tipperary forum does seem a bit of a ghost town im not sure what could done to better it maybe having a tipp hurling forum associated with it may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

I'd agree, i only found this tonight and have been on boards for awhile.

Bump! ;)

Okay, so I'd like to grow this forum's usership substantially.

Couple of ideas:
    • I can create a sticky thread for each of the main towns, much like they've done in the Kerry forum. I envisage one for Thurles, Clonmel and Nenagh, since these are the most populous towns. If stickied, they will show up in Google search results and may draw more people into the forum.
    • I have stickied the photo thread
    • I can look at getting the County Council to consider posting updates news and updates here.

I'm very open to all other suggestions. I'd like to make this the place where Tipp people go to chat about everything Tipp-related. We have to start from a very small base (the forum's traffic is quite small), but we can get it moving if we put our heads together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Excellent, love the segregation. I thought it was just a north/south thing.

Excellent, love the segregation. I thought it was just a north/south thing.

Ha, well, the idea is to create a mega thread for each large town in order to get a bit of momentum, community, and banter going in the forum in order to grow it. We could continue on as before, with someone occasionally posting a thread about some aspect of Clonmel or Thurles or Nenagh, only to have a few short replies before the thread slips down the charts; OR we can try it like they do in the Kerry forum, where each thread for each town is buzzing.

If these threads get busy, my hope would be that the rest of the forum will liven up too. What is clear is that the forum is not busy at present, so a bit of experimentation is called for, I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Take the Tipp forum out of the Midwest and put it in the "sunny" Southeast. I never really understood the whole Midwest & West thing. Surely Limerick is in the south, and clare the west? Its almost as crazy as the North/South/West/Mid GAA divisions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement