Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busy times in Enniskillen

Options
  • 11-11-2009 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering was up in enniskillen last month and it was pretty hetic up there in car parks and shopping queues everywhere and now heading back uo there end of november just wondering anyone been up there round that time is it still busy??:)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you havent a hope of getting parking in enniskillen come the 12 days of christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Hotel booked and eveythin now for the overnight stay so will just have to look forward to all the quesues i suppose:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Im heading up to Enniskillen tonight - well 3am hoping to get in early and get out. It crazy how loads of people are heading up and spending so much money up there and yet nothing is been done about it down here...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

better off to go a few miles extra to omagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 carla30

:Di was in enniskillen today in asda and erneside and it was quiet enough for a friday.Was up there about half 3,was dreading it,thought is was gonna be very busy but it was grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

I was in Enniskillen last Saturday. Arrived at 9.30am. It was busy at Asda but no problem getting parking. By 10.30 the parking was getting tight. However only 3 hours parking are alllowed at Asda and u are not allowed to come bak to carpark for 2 hrs after that (all written on signs around car park). This system works very well, as there is a constant freeing up of car spaces.

I then went to the Erneside multi-storey carpark after this. I parked the car there for 5 hours. Price = £1.50 (in total). How good is that - if it was in the ROI they would charge €10-15 for the same!

I really enjoy shopping in Enniskillen and I recommend the high street , as well as the obvious supermarkets (Asda, Tesco, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

mossfort wrote: »
    better off to go a few miles extra to omagh.

Is there more shoppin areas in omagh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Enniskillen was grand today we arrived up at half five and it was basically empty but it was great to be able to have a good look around. It picked up about 8 8.30 and then we headed up the town which was great too as it was quiet and such a lovely little town. We traveled up from Kildare only took us 2hrs 15mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I was in Enniskillen yesterday after going up from Kerry :eek:, was not impressed overall, had planned to splash out on a 50" Plasma screen but discovered the town to be pretty poor in terms of selection. Clothes selection is not too great, however for grocery shopping that Asda makes LIDL and ALDI in the south look expensive.

Was not up north for the purpose of shopping but still managed to get a quick bit in and the Dunnes Stores in Enniskillen is cheaper than down south but Dunnes are still expensive for non branded clothes. What Dunnes charge I'd go the extra bit and buy designer or M&S.

It was busy there yesterday but not totally mental, Santa was in the shopping centre so it was fairly mental. Traffic was heavyish but moving, I parked opposite the Erne Shopping centre and walked over the footbridge into the centre, I nearly fainted when I got parking for 30p out of the machine, my parking bill in Killarney could be a fiver for the same amount of time.

Was so impressed by the North that I am going up again in two week and am not sure whether to fly to Belfast from Cork and hire a car for two days or else take the M8 from Cork to Dublin and the M50 and Motorway up to Belfast. The amount of Southern Reg cars around Enniskillen was amazing and I reckon only for Southern shoppers places like it would be totally fecked as whatever effects the recession is having down with us in the South West it has the West up along and the North firmly held by the danglies.

I drove up via Athlone > Roscommon > Elphin > Carrick On Shannon > Ballinamore > Enniskillen and the road was poor enough, I came back down via Enniskillen > Cavan > Granard > Athlone and it was a better faster route up to Enniskillen than the Roscommon option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I was in Enniskillen yesterday after going up from Kerry :eek:, was not impressed overall, had planned to splash out on a 50" Plasma screen but discovered the town to be pretty poor in terms of selection.

Did you try Currys there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

leex wrote: »
    Did you try Currys there?

Yeah, prices were on a par with some of the stuff down south but Currys are expensive anyway. Plus they did not have alot of their TVs in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

MonsieurD wrote: »
    I was in Enniskillen last Saturday. Arrived at 9.30am. It was busy at Asda but no problem getting parking. By 10.30 the parking was getting tight. However only 3 hours parking are alllowed at Asda and u are not allowed to come bak to carpark for 2 hrs after that (all written on signs around car park). This system works very well, as there is a constant freeing up of car spaces.

I then went to the Erneside multi-storey carpark after this. I parked the car there for 5 hours. Price = £1.50 (in total). How good is that - if it was in the ROI they would charge €10-15 for the same!

I really enjoy shopping in Enniskillen and I recommend the high street , as well as the obvious supermarkets (Asda, Tesco, etc.).

You drove the 100 yards between Asda and Erneside? I aint saying nothing but you can guess what im thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ordin73

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Yeah, prices were on a par with some of the stuff down south but Currys are expensive anyway. Plus they did not have alot of their TVs in stock.
    I agree that they sometime dont have the best selection. But I have found that for the likes of computers and Tv's they are perhaps 12mths ahead of the south in products. By that I mean they release new models of products based on the UK market. So when the store is offering great savings and discounts most of our Irish stores are still charging full price.

Advertisement