Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy cars??

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

Did anyone else happen to hear the cars racing over and over again somewhere in town last night?? I live on the Burrin Road and I could hear then clearly revving up and flying around. It seemed to start around 11pm and continued until at least 1 or 2 am when I finally fell asleep..

Does anyone know where they race? Is it in a carpark or something like that?

I was gonna call the Gardai but figured that someone else would...didn't work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

No there was no 'racing' last night. Plenty of modified cars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I was out walking the dog between 10 and 11 and there was a guy in a red 106 gti blowing passed me at a very audible rate. At least twice. Went to bed shortly after I got home and I did also hear something pass by on the inner relief road before I fell asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

As a carhead myself , I'd have to agree with OP.

Pretty much anybody with a 'ruined' Jap hatchback is a pretty unskilled nobody really.

They just bolt on 'performance goodies' onto a housewives runabout & think they're great lads.

Brilliant!

Also they're the best drivers in the world. FACT!:rolleyes:

They ruin it all for car-lovers who take the time to restore some of the truly great cars of the past.

Rover V8, Capri V6 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Sounds like a small car with a loud exhaust was being revved around graigue bout an hour ago. Bless them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

they wrecked my head last night up here, doing donuts etc at askea church, only for i was too comfortable in bed, i would of got out and done something about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement