Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to but filet steak in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I recently tried FXB's restaurant & I wasnt overly impressed, the filet steak was€25, thought it a little dry.not good value

I buy a lot of filet steak in butchers/supermarket.

the best steak I found was in Tesco!,their finest range,had a filet steak & it was gorgeous :)

anyone care to recommend best place to guy fielt steak?

prices vary per kg, usually works out at €34/kg
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Meath St most of the Butchers are good

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

generally wouldn't buy fillet, a nice rib eye is your man for flavour.

Your local craft butcher would probably be your best bet, for supermarkets Superquinn and M&S both do nice vacuum packed 21 day dry aged steaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

gilsons butchers in rathfarnham shopping centre is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 corkage

Lawlers in Rathmines, O Tooles or Downeys in Terenure, or the markets in Temple Bar or Leopardstown.I agree with previous comment that there is more flavour on a rib eye or striploin than on a fillet. Either way the meat needs to be aged for a least 21 days, preferably dry aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

Ennis butchers in Rialto dry ages their own beef and has a delicious range of steaks. Its not cheap but its well worth it. They will also vacuum pack it for you if you ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dunnes of donnybrook is seriously good too, as is morton's

Advertisement