Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone's New 18 month contract

• 11-11-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Anyone else noticed that vodafone has brought in 18 month contracts on phones it feels are high end smartphones, but all the others are available on 12 months.

https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/1261-vodafone-and-18-month-contracts/

"06 November 2009 - 04:35 PM
    We've introduced longer contracts on a small number of new smartphone premium handsets. These give customers the chance to purchase one of the latest smartphones at a highly subsidised price. We've also added more value into our Perfect Choice Access plans by increasing the number of minutes and texts into these plans. Our Perfect Choice Access + plans now include 2GB data to support our Vodafone 360 service, email and Internet browsing.

The majority of handsets remain as 12 month contracts.

Vodafone View team.
    Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie"

I was planning on moving cell operator to them but this just takes the biscuit, especially for an operator that was only recently losing customers by the bucket because of their lack of smartphones.

Also noticed on o2 there is very little price differential on the handset between their 12 & 18 month contracts so vodafone arguement does not hold any real sway with me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

It's called laying the ground for the iphone and trying to hide the big upfront prices in ireland compared to bigger markets particularly given that everyone is skint in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The Uk has 24 month contracts which is even nastier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

yep noticed this today. Looks like you can't get a tariff for less than €50 a month on the high end smart phone. Very disappointing and unfair to light users like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

If you price up a phone sim free and compare it with the contract cost (UK or Ireland) there is very little difference in cost. The networks don't really need to bribe us with price anymore, it's more like with phone type and then a bit of data and roaming cost difference depending on your usage. I go to the UK a lot and O2 would kill me, but they have better phones than Vodafone at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

Marketeers live in a fantasy world.

The latest meme is "if we hype the phone, the rabble out there won't notice how much we're charging them".

Won't work, except for a very susceptible subset of the market.

Look at the other innovations in the market.

Tesco mobile and Three now have SIM only plans that you can get out of virtually instantly.

Why you should have to give notice to get out of a SIM-only contract has always baffled me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Marketeers live in a fantasy world.

The latest meme is "if we hype the phone, the rabble out there won't notice how much we're charging them".

Won't work, except for a very susceptible subset of the market.

Look at the other innovations in the market.

Tesco mobile and Three now have SIM only plans that you can get out of virtually instantly.

Why you should have to give notice to get out of a SIM-only contract has always baffled me.

yeah and an over priced sim only contract at that..
    the blackberry plans are very expensive,

€24.20 for a black berry add on on voda...

if you want a blackberry phone with a new connection the cheapest is a €49 price plan.

best to buy a sim free phone i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

It's Vodafone, they've always been a shower of robbing bas*****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

they are always 6-10 mths behind the competition !

and they seem to be pissin away all their cash on that vodafone 360 yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

rizzee wrote: »
    It's Vodafone, they've always been a shower of robbing bas*****.

Along with all the other networks.

Advertisement