Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No longer choosing a BMW

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

R.O.R wrote: »
    All ours are sold direct to the trade from our location.

Same as.

Unless we find a victim to stroke into one...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

batperson wrote: »
    Are there any known issues with either the audi a4 1.8t/ 2.0 tsi or the bmw 320ci?

The 2.2 engine in the 320 is a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I had a 1.8 T (Petrol) Passat from new in 2005 and have to say that it was the least reliable new car I've ever had (out of quite few family saloons including Mondeos, BMW320's, Honda Accords etc). I think that all of the problems were fairly minor (mostly oil pressure faults), and related to the extended service intervals.

Oh yes, and the fuel consumption was terrible. I never got more than 30mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RichJH

batperson wrote: »
    Tbh reliability is key to me as is resale value. But I also want something sporty, really good looking and with a bit of power to overtake when needed. If reliability was the only important thing I would get an accord or corrola but I hate the look of them.

A5/S5 or even the A5 sportback???? Beautiful cars with plenty of poke. I was surprised you never mentioned them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

All the new VAG's seem to be flawed alright, when it comes to transmission. Especially the MPV's.

Two friends are running Tourans (1.9 TDI), one with DSG gearbox, '05, clutch died recently. The other one also Touran 1.9 TDI with 6-speed non-DSG gearbox constantly has issues with the gearbox locking up, randomizing the gears (ie can't get out of reverse or 1st gear, things like that) and has had the car in 4 times for those issues now.

New T5's have nothing but issues. So bad, that another friend of mine is going back to a T4 now, just to get a reliable bus again.

The same reflects on Audi and VW passenger cars.

Honestly, I can't recommend the last couple of years of VAG. BMW has maybe a few software issues, but they have a hell of a lot less issues than the VAG's currently.

/M

Advertisement