Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignment 25 - Elements

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Some great images taken folks. Is this challenge the reason for all this rain besieging the nation perhaps???? :D

96865.jpg

An abstract by me of the water element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Fire on the water

37A33167C59F4F4593814A4E0BC91107-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

A water drop, a bit boring maybe, but ironically it's been too wet to get out and about :-).
    I have a few, but I picked this one cause the water caught the flash and reflected a nice sparkle.

DD607C9352BF44F88AED5D68F70551F9-800.jpg

500x100-biggerhugerlabs-default-top-000000-FFFFFF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Third post in three years, hope this works and doesn't break a rule (there's lots of rules for us lurkers to read through!) Paragliding from Lion's Head in Cape Town. Air and water

46CE260ADAFC438BAD920A2C3FAEB081.jpg

http://pix.ie/wapaic/1363224/size/800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Hi All,

I'll be offline tonight and tomorrow (attending a funeral) so I likely won't have a chance to count the votes and announce the winner tonight. If I haven't posted anything by 10/10:30ish tonight would somebody else mind terribly doing it for me?

Sorry again, unforeseen circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I think picking the winner of this one will be rather easy :D

Don't worry about it. One of us will jump in and do it for ya. I'll drop by around the time and do it if no one else has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

as per PopeBuckfastXVI's request:
    Congratulations to SquareBalloon, won it by a country mile with a fantastically captured photo, well done:)
    IMG_0167-1.jpg
    over to you to pick the next assignment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Congrats Lynn!
    (Just hope she sees this in time as her post in the random thread looks like she won't be around here much for the next 4 months...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Congrats, Squareballoon.
    Until you posted that shot I thought I finally had a shot at winning one of these. Just happy to lose to that magnificent shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Thanks for closing the competition m_s.

A worthy winner, brilliant composition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Well done me for sorting that one out! That new googlewave thread completely side tracked me :D

Well done Squareballoon. Awesome photo and well deserved :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

wow, thanks everyone! I'm blown away. (geddit) It's given me a whole new confidence to create something that is apprectiated by other photographers. My daughter's preening and saying that it's down to her but in reality she sat, blew the hearts and then walked away leaving me scrabbling on the floor with a dustpan and brush.

I've added these details elsewhere but just in case...
    camera canon 5d
    exposure .033 sec
    iso 1250
    50mm f1.4 and I used the flash with a gary fong diffuser.

because I was using the flash I didn't want anything behind her that she would cast a shadow on so I sat her in the doorway between 2 rooms. It meant she would get some light from the room she was facing and kept the one behind her dark. the hearts are silver table decorations from Woodies.

So with regards to choosing the next assignment as Xia says I will be going away for 4 months from this weekend. So if it's just a matter of posting the theme I could manage that but not if I have to keep any eye on it after that. I'm going to NZ but not bringing my kit with me (gasp) but am taking a friends Nikon d40 (double gasp from a canon girl) I'm also leaving behind my laptop and photoshop (am gibbering now) and bringing a teeney notebook with pay-as-you-go web dongle.
    For the next theme I would like to choose either 'death' or 'celebration' so if it's just a case of posting that let me know and if it needs more than that could someone take over the task?

thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Just copy and paste this into a new thread when you decide on your theme
    Assignment 26-(TITLE)

The theme of this assigment is...

General rules apply:

*Photos must be in by 2 weeks of given task - closing date 9pm 10th December.
    *No old photos. Only photos taken with this task in mind qualify - sorry. Therefore, dated 26th November onwards.
    *Photos must be on the given task.
    *ONE photo per post. Post as many as you like.
    *C&C to be encouraged - but be nice about it.
    *Stretch yourself - no limitation to what you can do to produce the image.
    *Next task/subject to be chosen by person who has the most thanks after their post (must include a picture in the post ).

And have fun :D

there's no more required from you after that, if you're not around to announce the winner then one of us will look after it :) good luck with everything in New Zealand:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

great pic love the idea ... njoy N.Z.....jealous... be safe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

The sun reflecting on the Hudson river with the Statue of Liberty looking on.

DSC_0066.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Gingy wrote: »
    The sun reflecting on the Hudson river with the Statue of Liberty looking on.

I think you're in the wrong assignment Gingy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

foto joe wrote: »
    I think you're in the wrong assignment Gingy! ;)

Sorry about that. I'll be more careful in future.

Advertisement