Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Early Bird Menus in the City Centre

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:43am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm looking for somewhere to go after work on Friday evening in Town.. Meeting a friend and we're looking for somewhere that's nice but won't break the bank so an early bird option would be great.. If anyone has any recommendations I would very much appreciate it...

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Trocadero

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Trocadero

Really? What sort of food do they do?

Edit: Just had a look at their website.. looks lovely if a bit pricey.. Do you know what time their early bird menu starts and finished?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I think it's 18:00 to 20:00

Friend isn't mad about the menu :o.. Any other suggestions very welcome :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cafe Bar Deli is always decent. They are on Grafton St and George's street and wont break the bank. The menu is limited though but the Egg Tagliatelli is always a winner!

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Cafe Bar Deli is always decent. They are on Grafton St and George's street and wont break the bank. The menu is limited though but the Egg Tagliatelli is always a winner!

Yeah, I've eaten in the one in Ranelagh a couple of times, I love their chicken ceasar salad it's to die for :)

Might go there so.. Keep the suggestions coming though

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

xzanti wrote: »
    Yeah, I've eaten in the one in Ranelagh a couple of times, I love their chicken ceasar salad it's to die for :)

Might go there so.. Keep the suggestions coming though
    big fan of the chicken ceaser also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Steps of Rome for great Pizza. It is on Chatham Street.

Pizza Stop off Grafton Street is also quite good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Louie's in Mountjoy Square.
    Early Bird Menu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The Balzac does an excellent 3 course meal for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

the question's in the title, tnx!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

I would reccomend The Shack in Templebar :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment street. €12.50 for a starter, main course and a glass of wine. I think their early bird menu runs until 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

xzanti wrote: »
    As the title says, I'm looking for somewhere to go after work on Friday evening in Town.. Meeting a friend and we're looking for somewhere that's nice but won't break the bank so an early bird option would be great.. If anyone has any recommendations I would very much appreciate it...

Cheers :)
    Too late now obviously but the Winding Staircase or whatever it's called on the corner of Liffey St/Hapenny Bridge next time you need something.

Nevore wrote: »
    Too late now obviously but the Winding Staircase or whatever it's called on the corner of Liffey St/Hapenny Bridge next time you need something.

Au contraire.. I'm not meeting her til next Friday.. but I don't get out much :D thanks for the suggestion.. and indeed for all suggestions I'm sure I'll give all a try at some stage or another.. I think we've decided on Cafe Bar Deli as she's on a special diet and their extensive salad menu is most appealing to her.. :) cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

spurious wrote: »
    Louie's in Mountjoy Square.
    Early Bird Menu
    I'd actually go so far as to say that Louie's is the best eatery in the City. Great food and service.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    The Balzac does an excellent 3 course meal for €25.

this place on the other hand, we went there during the Dine in Dublin week.

Worst restaurant experience I've ever had. Overcooked food, filthy crumb-strewn furniture and overly-pushy wait-staff. I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

www.milanooffers.ie
    Buy one main, get one free. Delicious pizza and pasta there imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Dobbins do a lovely early bird. Great choice on the menu too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Market bar is pretty good..tapas style food so main courses are about 6 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Il Posto on St. Stephens Green North is fantastic and their early bird is a steal. I think it was 2 courses for €20 the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Diep La Shaker (nice Thai place off Baggott St.) 3 course meal for 2 (choice of 4 main and 4 starter and 2 dessert) and a bottle of wine for €60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Diceicle wrote: »
    Diep La Shaker (nice Thai place off Baggott St.) 3 course meal for 2 (choice of 4 main and 4 starter and 2 dessert) and a bottle of wine for €60.

Great suggestion.

I think myself and my ex went there before the summer. I was raving about it for weeks afterwards.

She has Meningitis :( no early bird for us :(

Advertisement