Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's Hero - simfree?

• 11-11-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

sorry, but the Meteor/Hero thread's becoming very looong...

So: is your Hero from Meteor sim-free?
    I remember a post that stated only rst batch was simfree/unlocked, but yesterday s.o. posted he 'just received' his and it was unlocked/simfree...

So????
    I'm tempted by Hero, but not by meteor (no signal where I live)
    Thanks for reply

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

thx, but I don't 'do' ebay ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They, the payg ones are simfree anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

strecker wrote: »
    thx, but I don't 'do' ebay ;)

what have u against ebay?

Dankoozy wrote: »
    what have u against ebay?

I don't use banks/credit cards... worked well for me for 20+ yrs...not changeing that for a phone ;):D

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    They, the payg ones are simfree anyway.

on your mother's.... ? ;):) thx....looks like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The PAYG one I got in Meteor Blanch was simfree, though I wouldn't expect them all to be they'll lock them eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Ya i have PAYG aswell only got it from the online shop and its sim free. Cant see that lasting myself. If your looking to buy it from a shop right now not many options.

Meteor Shop - as of now seem to be unlocked but only seems to have availabilty in the larger stores

Carphone Warehouse Newry - Can buy sim free version there for about £400 but they are branded phones (Could be wrong on branding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

strecker wrote: »
    I don't use banks/credit cards... worked well for me for 20+ yrs...not changeing that for a phone ;):D

Old sock FTW. especially in todays recessionary and mass surveillance-ridden days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Does anyone know if the Hero's that meteor are selling are still unlocked? Is it likely they would tell me in the Meteor Store if I asked?

• Advertisement
Advertisement