Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Additional Galway-Dublin-Galway Train Times

• 11-11-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9581-new-morning-train-galway-dublin-announced
    NEW MORNING TRAIN FROM GALWAY TO DUBLIN ANNOUNCED

November 10, 2009 - 5:21pm
    There's good news for Galway rail users now that Iarnród Éireann is to extend its Dublin service.
    Up to now, there has only been two trains to Dublin in the morning at 5.20am and 7.15am.
    However from the 29th of November a new early bird train will leave Galway at 6.05am, arriving in Dublin at 8.50a.m. daily.
    Iarnród Éireann has also announced that it will run a new service from Dublin to Galway at 3.30p.m daily.
    The new service is being brought in by using a 'split and join' approach, where trains are split to start with, and join up in Athlone on the way to Dublin and similarly on the way back.
    Jane Cregan of Iarnród Éireann says the new times are in response to demand.

I wonder if this really was in response to demand or if it was in response to GoBus and City Link..

So every day we will now have:
    • 8 trains each way
    • 14 GoBus services each way.
    • 14 City Link non-stop services each way.
    • 15 City Link multi-stop services each way daily with extra services on Friday and Sunday.
    • Possibly 15 services each way with Bus Eireann (their timetable is confusing, does anyway know for sure?)
    Good times! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The extra rail service has been planned for some time, and really comes about from the wish to have an extra service on the Mayo route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

KevR wrote: »
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/9581-new-morning-train-galway-dublin-announced

I wonder if this really was in response to demand or if it was in response to GoBus and City Link..

So every day we will now have:
    • 8 trains each way
    • 14 GoBus services each way.
    • 14 City Link non-stop services each way.
    • 15 City Link multi-stop services each way daily with extra services on Friday and Sunday.
    • Possibly 15 services each way with Bus Eireann (their timetable is confusing, does anyway know for sure?)
    Good times! :)

They could probably evacuate the whole city in one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Work insists I use the train, so this is good for early morning meetings in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Chris, I'm surprised the people you work for insist on you using the most expensive option. If I were them, I'd be sticking you on a €1 City Link! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

If I was in charge I would be, especially as the bus is quicker but if they're telling me to waste money I wouldnt want to upset the bosses :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement