Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommended garage for car service

• 11-11-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Need to get my car serviced and looking for recommendations for a place that is reputable and maybe cheaper than going to the VW dealership?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Tony O'Byrne on John's Lane near the Newgate Campus. We've been going to him for a number of years and he's a gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

If you're looking for a dealer Martin Barrett is very good, and has dropped his prices.

If you're looking for an independent mechanic, I'm sure others will have plenty of suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Quick stop out by Azzuri at kilcohen are really good. They dont charge outrageous prices and are decent lads. Run by a father and his son I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Have been going to tom mc grath o connell st (beside sullys snooker)for 20 + years,he also served his time on v.w.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ocos

Derek Carey on Thomas Street, always found him and his brother there very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

Great, I'll ring around. Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

james mylett down by the infirmary. In the same place as o briens garage. Very good and cheap . Sound chap to. Pm for his number if ya want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Try Liam Knox in Slieverue, I'll PM you his number. He's an independent who focuses on VAG cars.

If you want to stay with a dealer for warranty then Martin Barrett/Skoda is a great suggestion by Spartacus, usually much cheaper than VW/Audi and should be warranty-safe.

SSE

Advertisement