Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuffed crust pizza base - help please?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to do it? I was thinking if you make your pizza base bigger than your tray, hanging over the edges. Move your filling, passata, and cheese to the edge of the tray and the excess pizza base thats hanging over, fold it back on to the tray, would this be right?
    Anyone have the proper way to do a stuffed crust pizza base?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Now i haven't tried this before, but what i would think is would you not roll out the dough really really thin, then layer cheese and whatever else on top, and then roll out another really thin layer and put on top? Like a sandwich?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say your method would work fine once you wet the dough with water so it'll stick when you fold it over. Sounds yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Nice idea Kimia. Could give that a go. Thanks, and thanks Dizzy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Anyone know how to do it? I was thinking if you make your pizza base bigger than your tray, hanging over the edges. Move your filling, passata, and cheese to the edge of the tray and the excess pizza base thats hanging over, fold it back on to the tray, would this be right?
    Anyone have the proper way to do a stuffed crust pizza base?

Thats pretty much exactly how its done. I often get the chicago town stuffed crust takeway frozen pizza and you can tell this is how they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

mmm chicagotown pizza, in a league of their own arent they? Goodfellas or any of those others dont come close!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

Well, here's what I do..
    1. Roll out the pizza base, a little too large for the pizza tray
    2. slice your mozarella into 1 or 1.5cm wide rectangles (and of about the same depth)
    3. Arrange them around what will be the edge of your pizza
    4. With an egg-wash brush, brush the pizza base on the inside of this ring of mozarella with water
    5. Fold the excess pizza base over the cheese and crimp in to form a cheese-filled lip around the edge of the pizza
    6. Add the tomato base etc to the exposed base of the pizza and place in your oven
    7. Hey presto - cheese-filled, stuffed-crust pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

I've just seen this recipe - a stuffed pizza in a springform tin..

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/StuffedPizza

Advertisement