Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new cat

Options
  • 11-11-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

i have 2 rescue cats who i got when they were kittens, one, the female is around 5, the male is about 2, both had their ops, so no probs there. yesterday at local supermarket seem a ad for a 2 yr old female tortie. had to have her as torties are my fav. She is here now and such a lovely girl. At the moment she is hiding behind the chair which is grand, i will leave her till she decides to come out, i think its important to let her settle and decide when the time is right for her to come out, have set food and litter tray down for her. Is this the right thing to do, also whats the best way to indroduce my other 2, i dont think there will be a prob, but want to do the best for the 3 of them.
    She has had nuemerous litters, was spayed couple of weeks ago and has mostly been outdoor cat, even kittens were born outside, only coming in when let. will i have probs with getting her settled as a indoor cat now?
    any advise will be most welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LilieB

Hi Roxiesmammy, just reading your post there and wondering how you are getting on with your new girl, has she settled yet..congrats on your new arrival. Think you are on the right track with what your doing, I have taken in a little stray female kitten 3 days ago, still hiding behind the couch in the small sitting room, using the litter tray and eating and drinking, I got those whiskas temptations and when i throw them she comes out to eat so with the advice i have gotten already, i think she come round, hope so.. Other male Cat (Beans) knows something is going on, not sure either how to introduce as he is the King of the House, I dont want to introduce until I can get the kitten to trust me enough to get inot the cage to go visit the Vet.. i have wormed her but cant get close enough to put flea stuff on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

Heidi is doing fine, loves been inside, wouldnt u in this rain. Loves everyone, apart from a few peeing accidents no probs. Ok with the other cats, keeping away from them but not running away grom them anymore.
    Poor Heidi when she did started coming to me and moving away from where she was comftable i could see there was something wrong with her back end, her tail is always curled up and i noticed very thin at the back as well as if therre was no muscle also she sort of wobbles when she walks. Phoned owners to find out was this maybe a birth defect or maybe a old injury, to cut a very long story short i got abused down phone said there was nothing wrong with her, if there was it happened in my house. Asked what vet they used said none apart from when she got spayed. Brought her to vet who examened her and xrayed who said looks like she has a old trama a break above her tail and hips.
    Poor Heidi must have suffered some pain and her owners never noticed? How can so called owners keep pets and not get them medical attention, what makes me mad is that these people live in the most expensive houses where i live so money isnt a issue.
    At least Heidi will now have a warm comfie bed and need never suffer again

Advertisement