Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's Your Favorite Indoor Spot In UCD

Options
  • 11-11-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Alright guys.

This is my 5th year in this beautiful educational centre. Im starting this thread because i am becoming extremely fed up of the lack of indoor spots to just read a paper or have a cup of tea. My usual places would be the eng building or downstairs in the restauraunt.

Theres plenty of spots to do this outside whens the weathers nice but the fact most sitable places at covered in bird **** dont make them too appealing.

Just wondering where people like to kill some of their spare time when we should be in the library

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Engineering is OK - I'm there right now. Another is the top floor of the Science Hub, though the benches are hard. There are bench tables on the ground floor of Health Sciences, though I have seen them quite busy.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I have a spot I quite like, but I'd prefer it remained uncrowded :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ratucdm

Think the best place is either the common room in Engineering which is cool, or the café in Conway.

These of course come second to the bar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

The colourful sofa/chair area under the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

The ground floor of the Physics building. All of my lectures (except Algorithmic Problem Solving which I rarely attend anyway) are in the Science Hub, Physics building or the CSI building, so it's pretty central. And there's usually a table free where I'll sit with a few friends and fart around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The secret floor of the library and newstead are usually fairly nice. Although Newstead is a bit of a trek and doesnt a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the gamesoc haunt of the "Blob" across from theatre M is my normal timewasting area.

or across from elements in science in the near future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

the gamesoc haunt of the "Blob" across from theatre M is my normal timewasting area.

or across from elements in science in the near future
    This. It's where I've spent most of my time in college. No wonder I'm repeating 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The secret floor of the library...

Every year that place seems to get more and more crowded. It's a great spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The ground floor of the Physics building. All of my lectures (except Algorithmic Problem Solving which I rarely attend anyway) are in the Science Hub, Physics building or the CSI building, so it's pretty central. And there's usually a table free where I'll sit with a few friends and fart around.

I saw that actually for the first time the other day actually. It may have to be given a trial run

• Advertisement
Advertisement