Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Formation and Tactics people?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I'm having an absolute nightmare with Arsenal in my 1st season. Although i'm in the Champions League Semi-Final, I'm only coming 5th in the league. Fans and team are naturally on my back and I just seem to be stuck in a rut. I bought way to many mid fielders etc, Fabregas has been playing **** all season too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

I'm having an absolute nightmare with Arsenal in my 1st season. Although i'm in the Champions League Semi-Final, I'm only coming 5th in the league. Fans and team are naturally on my back and I just seem to be stuck in a rut. I bought way to many mid fielders etc, Fabregas has been playing **** all season too.

4-3-3 or 4-5-1 whichever you wanna call it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My Team:

Akinfeev

Sagna
    Gallas
    Vermaelen
    Clichy

Song

Fab
    Ramsey

Arshavin
    Walcott

RVP

Currently first in the league, League Cup Semi, FA Cup fourth round I think and Champions League KO 16.

Fab, Ramsey and RVP have been on absolute fire for me, we're barely past Xmas and RVP already has 19 goals.

Akinfeev - Sweeper Keeper - Defend
    Sagna - Full Back - Automatic
    Clichy - Full Back - Automatic
    Gallas - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
    Vermaelen - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
    Song - Anchorman - Defend
    Fabregas - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
    Ramsey - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
    Arshavin - Inside Forward - Attack
    Walcott - Inside Forward - Attack
    RVP - Complete Forward - Attack

Having Walcott and Arshavin on opposite flanks to what foor they are has worked wonders as both regularly cut inside and have a pop. Arshavin in particular is very dangerous in these situation.

Atm my subs bench generally looks like:

Diaby
    Rosicky/Nasri
    Bendtner
    Vela
    Senderos
    Eboue
    Eduardo

Frisbee wrote: »
    My Team:

Akinfeev

Sagna
    Gallas
    Vermaelen
    Clichy

Song

Fab
    Ramsey

Arshavin
    Walcott

RVP

Currently first in the league, League Cup Semi, FA Cup fourth round I think and Champions League KO 16.

Fab, Ramsey and RVP have been on absolute fire for me, we're barely past Xmas and RVP already has 19 goals.

Akinfeev - Sweeper Keeper - Defend
    Sagna - Full Back - Automatic
    Clichy - Full Back - Automatic
    Gallas - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
    Vermaelen - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
    Song - Anchorman - Defend
    Fabregas - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
    Ramsey - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
    Arshavin - Inside Forward - Attack
    Walcott - Inside Forward - Attack
    RVP - Complete Forward - Attack

Having Walcott and Arshavin on opposite flanks to what foor they are has worked wonders as both regularly cut inside and have a pop. Arshavin in particular is very dangerous in these situation.

Atm my subs bench generally looks like:

Diaby
    Rosicky/Nasri
    Bendtner
    Vela
    Senderos
    Eboue
    Eduardo

Thats my exact team except sandro for song,sandro gonna be a superster and jovetic from fiorentina for £15m,walcot on bench(for now),dont like song in fm or in "real life" so i whipped him,arshavin seems to be one of the best players in the game so far ive seen,ramseys a ledge aswell in fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PhantomLimb

Thanks a lot lads! Gonna give it a try now with those tactics! I ended up winning the Champions League by the skin of my teeth which has kept me on for another season!

Btw, What team instructions do you find effective with this tactic, Like Fluid, attacking !?

• Advertisement

Philosophy - Attacking
    Passing - Short
    Creative Freedom - More Expressive
    Closing Down - Press More
    Tackling - Default
    Marking - Zonal
    Crossing - Default
    Roaming - More Roaming

And I play attacking aswell...

How do you find the zonal marking? Does it change the center defenders to zonal as well? Little risky no? So far your tactics are working wonders, Arshavin & Fabregas have come to life!

How do you find the zonal marking? Does it change the center defenders to zonal as well? Little risky no? So far your tactics are working wonders, Arshavin & Fabregas have come to life!

I used to always use man-to-man, but zonal seems to be doing a job for me this time.

For free's and corners I go man-to-man though. I found there were too many goals being scored against me from set pieces until I did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

play the 4132 tactic especially with teams with great central midfielders. In cm 01/02 this tactic never failed but in the fm series it wasnt great very seldom won in the game with the tactic, but now in fm 10 with the new and improved tactic menu its a great one to use. trust me play with it for a few games and watch the results improve.:cool:

as in gk
    df df df df
    m
    am am am
    s s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Thing I hate about managing Arsenal is that I cant ever sell first team players. Dont wanna be messing up Wengers plans ya know?????

I know what you mean!! :P

Set centre backs to man mark,everyone else to zonal-Watertight!When your taking corners always set them up so your strongest center back is putting pressure on the oposition keeper.Send arsenal scouts to brazil,thier ledges,they find some players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

as in gk
    df df df df
    m
    am am am
    s s

st st

cm cm cm

dm

lb cb cb rb

gk

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

In FM 2008 I was manager of Ecuador. Anyway first game against Paraguay and played 4-4-2. I was 4 down after 30 minutes and decided something radical had to done. Took off right full back and right centre half and brought on a centre half and a attacking midfielder. Tucked the left back into Centre back. Went to 3 centre halves, 2 defenive midfielders, 1 right midfielder, 1 left midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder and 2 strikers. 3-2-2-1-2. Won the game 5-4 with Chuchu Beniotez scoring in the last minute. Epic game. Since then have won countless trophies with Valencia and Liverpool using the exact same formation.

Defensive and attacking, I like it. Having a decent attacking midfielder running riot would be quality too! Did you find yourself thin at the backline? I'm starting a Blackburn Rovers game, and the idea of that formation sounds Ideal with the players I have at my disposal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Not too bad. I usually had the left and right centre halves with arrows towards the full back position. You have the buffer of 2 solid defensive midfielders, I found ideal was a Mascherano/Alonso style partnership, one a tackler the other a passer. It;s the attacking midfielder who is the key man. He links up the play with the strikers and is the extra body in the box when the ball comes in from the wings. The formation sometimes had trouble against say a 4-3-3 formation with 2 out and out wingers but sometimes you have to trust that the lads out there will just score more! Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

im managing everton . 1st season i won the europa league and fa cup into my 2nd season now . formation i use is 3 - 1 - 3 - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I'm in my first season with Valencia & a 4-1-3-2 is working well for me.
    Cesar

Bruno -- Navarro -- Marcheda -- Mathieu

-- Albeda --

Joaquin -- Banega -- Silva

Mata -- Villa

I have them playing a fluid short passing game using the control setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

My team is
    Howard

Hetinga
    Jagielka
    Yobo

Veloso
    ----Pierto
    Cahill
    Pienaar
    Arteta

Di Maria