Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontline

• 11-11-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1059704

If you go to this site and bring the timer to about 20minutes, this is the guy that told Part Kenny the truth about the amount of money the ordinary people of this country have to pay him is shown. Now he may be a little irate and will come across little uneducated, but the theme of his speech is so right.
    Why are we paying these guys so much money, we the people of this country are forced to pay the TV licence, but we have no say in the amounts of our monies paid to the Golden 20 in the RTE company.

We have to applaud this man for the balls to bring this subject out into the open

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

We have to applaud this man for the balls to bring this subject out into the open

I am not applauding a serial protestor. He himself has said he has mental problems.

He hardly brought this subject out into the open. Think back to a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How many threads about this guy are there already? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I am not applauding a serial protestor. He himself has said he has mental problems.

He hardly brought this subject out into the open. Think back to a few months ago.

He was the one that openly challenged the P Kenny on his own door step, that he may hve some form of Problem is very plain to see. But he said what needed to be said, we need to put PC where it belongs and when necessary Call a spade a spade

He was the one that openly challenged the P Kenny on his own door step, that he may hve some form of Problem is very plain to see. But he said what needed to be said, we need to put PC where it belongs and when necessary Call a spade a spade

And made an absolute tit of himself. He spoke as if Pat Kenny worked only for the hours that we see or hear him.

Pat Kenny also brings in a sizeable audience so there is the money made from advertising. People don't seem to realise this.

And made an absolute tit of himself. He spoke as if Pat Kenny worked only for the hours that we see or hear him.

Pat Kenny also brings in a sizeable audience so there is the money made from advertising. People don't seem to realise this.

last year approx 900,000 euro thats 17300 per week, but now he's on 600,000euro thats 11,500 per week.we have a very small population and they are the people that are picking up the wage bill for this ONE guy.there is no proof that what advertising revenue that he generates, but he is well over payed as the guy said 3 time the money the predesent of thwe Free world is payed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 successfan

how backward are we when a guy with a mental illness (and nobody could even spot that) is given air time to talk rubbish rant. Does any body really believe that cutting PK wages will solve our problems. God help us.

last year approx 900,000 euro thats 17300 per week, but now he's on 600,000euro thats 11,500 per week.we have a very small population and they are the people that are picking up the wage bill for this ONE guy.there is no proof that what advertising revenue that he generates, but he is well over payed as the guy said 3 time the money the predesent of thwe Free world is payed.

I am trying to imagine what you would be saying if he was earning what some of those in the UK get.

I am trying to imagine what you would be saying if he was earning what some of those in the UK get.

The population of the UK somewhere in the 70 to 75 million people, not there are more people to pay the licence over there.what!!

successfan wrote: »
    how backward are we when a guy with a mental illness (and nobody could even spot that) is given air time to talk rubbish rant. Does any body really believe that cutting PK wages will solve our problems. God help us.

The problem is with the RTE management staff, they believe that someone will snap up P Kenny if they do not pay him this amount of our money.this will not solve our problem but it would go a great way to solving RTE's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

So are we going to the "typical" Irish still, "never complain to someone directly, only behind their backs". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Not sure what this has to do with Waterford but anywho...

This guy may have some 'issues' but at least you can say hes consistent.
    Here he is berating David Begg at the march in Dublin for similar reasons that PK got the tongue lashing. Complaining about 'coRrupt' trade unions and how can Begg comment on the poor given his six figure salary also:D

The only difference with frontline and this is that the Union public-sector heavies promptly shut him down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2VpesAt2I

If Begg and Kenny were paid on a waffle vs fact basis, Kenny would still be earning big bucks....however I fear David would be on the breadline...

well the guy as (we said all ready) is a little unstable, but this is still no excuse for the amount of money paid to P Kenny and the Gang.why do people try and bring this down to this poor individual, we do not want to stand up and admitt that we the licence payer are been screwed by this RTE tv licence.
    We should look at the bigger picture. if we did we would not be in the trouble that we are in today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

well the guy as (we said all ready) is a little unstable, but this is still no excuse for the amount of money paid to P Kenny and the Gang.why do people try and bring this down to this poor individual, we do not want to stand up and admitt that we the licence payer are been screwed by this RTE tv licence.
    We should look at the bigger picture. if we did we would not be in the trouble that we are in today.

soldering iron, I'm just curious what in your mind makes this thread about Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I don't see how this is relevant to waterford at all.

OP, feel free to PM one of the mods if you feel differently but for now, I'm locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement