Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New book re Spurs!

Options
  • 11-11-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Got an email today from Adam Powley who's been a season ticket holder for years and has been involved in writing several books on Spurs including "We are Tottenham", "The boys from White Hart Lane", "Spurs Miscellany" etc. He's released a new book called "When football was football - Tottenham Hotspur" Based on his past books it should be a great read!

Here's the full detail;

It's that time of the year again when I've got another Tottenham book to pester you with. It's called When Football Was Football: Tottenham Hotspur and is now in the shops and ready to order online. Drawing on colour and b&w pictures from the huge Mirrorpix archive, and with a foreword by Steve Perryman, it's a photographic nostalgia-fest that, like it says in the title, harks back to an era before the Premier League and to football's golden age.

Shots include Jimmy Greaves playing football in the House of Commons, WHL being used as a World War One military supplies factory, Alfie Conn playing barefoot, Eddie Baily advertising fags, Glenn 'Bite yer legs' Hoddle taking out Terry Butcher, and Jimmy Dimmock in his dotage, plus special features on the Double, European Glory nights, a frame-by-frame shot of Ricky Villa's masterpiece, together with 'legends' profiles, famous victories and peeks behind-the- WHL scenes from 1904 to 1994.

I'd be most grateful if you could spread the word to any Tottenham-supporting friends and colleagues.

Some details here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Football-Was-Nostalgic-Century/dp/184425948X/ref=pd_ts_b_2?ie=UTF8&s=books and here: http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=49377&langId=-1

kind regards

Adam Powley
    www.adampowley.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

bought this at the weekend and its a great book. lots of pics from over the years. If you remember the old days you'll love and if you're a youngster buy it anyway just so you'll know your history!

should be on every Spurs supporters Christmas list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Cheers man, just up my street!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo wrote: »

should be on every Spurs supporters Christmas list.

I'll send the link to the better half in error :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Topspurs are running a competition to win a copy of this book.

link here at http://www.topspurs.com/topspurscomp.htm

Advertisement