Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Light racing across the sky!!

Options
  • 11-11-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Yes, this thing was an intense orange light.

Yes, it moved really quickly across the sky faster than a Plane.

Yes, it changed direction loads of times.

Yes, it was a Chinese Lantern.

How do I know?

Because I saw it take off from Bray Seafront.

Why am I posting this?

Because these Orange Lights are ALWAYS Chinese Lanterns.

No really, Why are you posting this?

Because some moron launched this from Bray Seafront right under the flightpath of Air traffic on approach to Dublin airport coming over Bray head. When the wind is from a certain direction approaching air traffic uses a different runway and is vectored in over Bray and south Dublin. The planes are suprisingly low with the planes side windows visible naked eye. Its not that a Chinese lantern could damage the plane directly but what if the pilots saw the light and thought it was the running lights of a helicopter or something and took evasive action. The first instinct might be to throw the stick before checking radar.

This gob****e couldn't not have noticed planes flying low over the seafront every 3 minutes last night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Some people seem to never consider what the results of their actions could be. I've even been surprised recently by how many apparently plain/dumb people are at my level of academia (studying for a PhD award). Many years ago, I was told the following: 'You will always meet incompetent people. In every walk of life - every business, job, etc. - they'll be there'.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

FYI.
    Intelligence & Common sense are not linked or interchangeable, a high IQ does not infer either, yet sadly common sense is not near as common as it should be... I know this because I have encountered both Intelligent morons and uneducated genius... ;):confused:

Advertisement