Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox red rings repair

Options
  • 11-11-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

anyone in sligo do this repair or have any contact info. for someone who does red rings repair?

was playing modern warfare yesterday for about an hour and bang, red rings .
    wanna get back playing it aasap.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

thanks everyone for an answer

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    thanks everyone for an answer
    I know a company who repair consoles, they're not in sligo though but I figured it was better than nothing. I was going to give you their name but then you posted this sarcastic response and I couldn't be bothered. It's a lowish traffic regional forum so getting answers to something (especially a bit more technical then the normal questions) will take a bit of time. The users here are normally very helpful when they can but your response just ****s all over their generosity.

i understand how much effort it would take to type the contact details. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Hey Almighty Cushion, could you please PM us with you contact? Our Xbox is dead :( I can't cope with Mr T's sad face anymore :rolleyes: Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Just on the repair theme, does anyone know anyone that can repair cd players? I have one that needs a new laser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

to those looking for possible places to repair items I would try more technological threads on boards as you are morelikely to find people who know what they are talking about and where to get a place to fix them.

oh and because you get no replies is not because people don't care it's because they can offer you no assistance so they don't post. you must remember there are about 60,000 in sligo, of those, not everyone has internet and of those that do a lot don't visit boards, and those that do might not visit this forum and again those that do might not know anything about computers and again, the one or two people still left that actually fulfill all these criteria were probably working in the few hours you had your post up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

I got the red ring of death a good while back, could be about 1.5-2 yrs ago now. I contacted microsoft about it and they repaired it free of charge from what I remember (I may be wrong about that so don't quote me because it was a long time ago!). The only bummer was that it was sent away to germany and was away for a few weeks.

Don't quote me on this either but im sure I read somewhere that xboxes made before a certain date (which will have a certain serial number) have an unlimited warranty for the red ring of death. Would it be possible that if you got it fixed by somebody other than microsoft would make this warranty void?

A little tip for when you do get it fixed is don't leave it switched on for prolonged lengths of time, as its the overheating that causes the solder in the boards to melt (I think) and voila you get the red ring of death, when mine went id had it switched on for at least 5 or 6 hours! Or just do what i did and sell it for a ps3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

dee o gee wrote: »
    I got the red ring of death a good while back, could be about 1.5-2 yrs ago now. I contacted microsoft about it and they repaired it free of charge from what I remember (I may be wrong about that so don't quote me because it was a long time ago!). The only bummer was that it was sent away to germany and was away for a few weeks.

Don't quote me on this either but im sure I read somewhere that xboxes made before a certain date (which will have a certain serial number) have an unlimited warranty for the red ring of death. Would it be possible that if you got it fixed by somebody other than microsoft would make this warranty void?

A little tip for when you do get it fixed is don't leave it switched on for prolonged lengths of time, as its the overheating that causes the solder in the boards to melt (I think) and voila you get the red ring of death, when mine went id had it switched on for at least 5 or 6 hours! Or just do what i did and sell it for a ps3!!

The first batch of 360s had an extended warranty, not an unlimited one, but I'm fairly certain that whole batch is out of warranty by now, We had ours sent back once within it, but it died again a couple of months ago. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Have you all called MS I did last week and I was expecting it to be out of warrenty and they took it back. A mate was saying that they have pushed it to 5 years on the three red lights. I have a console coming my way in a few weeks that is well out of warrenty (bought on release day) I am going to give it a go myself, there are loads of videos on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

To the sarcastic op!!!

Happened to a friend last week.. red rings is covered by a long warranty.. He rang MS, they sent fed ex or one of those to collect it from his house and is due back tomorrow i think.. just over a week wait..

So ring Microsoft is your answer!!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Guys you should really really call ms and ask what the status of your warrenty is on the three lights. I got a Jan 06 console that my brother got on ebay (so registered to another user) last night and decided to call just in case before I cracked it open. I was told out of warrenty but after i said three lights he is taking it back no problem. I have to say the customer service is first class with them. My own console is due back in sligo on wednesday that will make it a 14 day turn around. MS received it on a tue morning and it was sent out on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sorry for not getting back to you within the 4 hour timeframe we were obviously allowed OP. I personally was busy playing Modern Warfare ironically enough.

Same thing happened me only 10 weeks ago.
    Three words to solve all your problems....

Ring Micro Soft

done and dusted , was picked up this morning

Advertisement