Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music in Fingal

Options
  • 11-11-2009 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is in or knows of any bands/artists based in the Fingal area.

The reason I ask is I am currently researching for a programme for the new Fingal Community TV station and would like to get in touch with any bands that would be interested in being on it. Would be great publicity for the band.
    Will be 3-5 piece every week on a different act probably consisting on an interview and coverage of a gig or preformance.

Ideally we'd love to get a wide range of genres covered

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

One of the biggest bands in the International metal scene are Primordial and 3 of the band are from skerries:
    http://www.primordialweb.com/

I'm pretty sure Andy from Parhelia is living in Lusk not sure about the rest of the band:
    http://www.parheliaband.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

Wow! Didn't know Primordial were from Skerries. Interesting
    Aren't The delorentos also local?
    Don't forget Risky Business either!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Seamus Ennis Centre should be able to help you out too.

http://www.seamusenniscentre.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

yknaa wrote: »
    Wow! Didn't know Primordial were from Skerries. Interesting
    Aren't The delorentos also local?
    Don't forget Risky Business either!
    Yeah Kieran from The Delorentos is from Skerries no idea about the rest.

Oh forgot about the Kinetics as well a mix of Lusk and Skerries lads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Check out the gig guide in Fingal Independent. There are some pretty decent bands in North Dublin.

There are some good traditional groups, Ray and Aido Lawlor from Rush are top class. Will find out their band name and post it here later. Also Rince Ceol Fingal have some very good musicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thought I'd mention Patrick Byrne from The Blackhills who is launching his latest CD "Livin' on Love" in the Hills Cricket Club this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Thought I'd mention Patrick Byrne from The Blackhills who is launching his latest CD "Livin' on Love" in the Hills Cricket Club this evening.

Yeah I heard him somewhere a few years ago, a wedding or a funeral, both were fairly dead;) but he was good. Does he give lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Yeah Kieran from The Delorentos is from Skerries no idea about the rest.

Oh forgot about the Kinetics as well a mix of Lusk and Skerries lads there.

Ronan Yourell from The Delorentos is from Malahide......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The guys from Director are from Malahide afaik.

Advertisement