Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and Xbox Live.

• 11-11-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I'm having problems with UPC and Xbox Live. I'm on 20mb and I'm getting speeds of 12mb down and 1.4mb up and pings of 30-40ms. I can't play online. Recently out of nowhere I keep on lagging in the game. My xbox hasn't moved and the router is just about 8 feet away from the xbox.
    I did a power cycle and that didn't work. It's just really annoying. I did the portforward thing too.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Are you on a wireless connection? If so does the wireless connection drop often for Laptop too?

The portforwarding is great but generally you set it up to forward the port to the IP address of your XBox. Sometimes when you reboot your XBox it might get a different IP address. Check this and see if the port forwarded address is still the same as the XBox IP address.

If not you should change the port forwarding appropriately and maybe use Mac address control on the router to make sure the XBox always gets the same IP addrsess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Yep it's a wireless connection..it never drops for the laptop.

Did ya check your port forward IP address still matches your XBox IP address?

Where would I check the old IP Address I had for the Xbox?

On your XBox go to Settings - Network Settings - Edit settings and check your IP.

Then log on to your router through your PC and check your port forwarding. What IP address is there?

They should be the same so if not change the port forwarding to the XBox IP address and depending on the router you can set it to always give the XBox the same IP address.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads :)

Think I found out what the problem was..hopefully this works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Also try it with a wired connection, as your wireless adapter for the Xbox could be dodgy, or just not very good.

Nope..didnt work :(

jor el wrote: »
    Also try it with a wired connection, as your wireless adapter for the Xbox could be dodgy, or just not very good.

Can't find the wire that came with the 360 ;_;

Any more suggestions? UPC is incredibly bad. I can't play online at all without it stuttering or lagging everywhere :( I've done the above

• Advertisement
Advertisement