Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gas boiler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There will be nothing wrong with the boiler provided you can get an rgii to install it. They all have english fittings anyway.

Just clear it with the plumber first. The problem is I am not to sure if a plumber is allowed knowingly fit a standard boiler now?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

The problem is I am not to sure if a plumber is allowed knowingly fit a standard boiler now?[/quote]

Its an A rated condenseing boiler, How much would it cost to have it fitted to you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The problem is I am not to sure if a plumber is allowed knowingly fit a standard boiler now?

Its an A rated condenseing boiler, How much would it cost to have it fitted to you think?[/quote]

Oh thats a good price. Provided there is no hiccups about 400 - 700 Euro I would imagine. Some plumbers charge up to 1000 but i doubt it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

Straight foward swap around by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Art2

How much should it cost to replace gas boiler and would anyone recommend a good person in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Art2 wrote: »
    How much should it cost to replace gas boiler and would anyone recommend a good person in cork

Depending on the work involved it usually comes in around 1800-2200. Make sure a proper powerflush is included in whatever prices you get. Pm scudo2 on here. He'll reccomend somebody for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Plenty of good make gas boilers suitable for open vented. Some are for both.
    3 year warranty is fools gold.
    Life span for good boiler should be 15-20+
    Go for a "GOOD" make, if not parts are a problem and boiler might need replacing after 5 years.

In Cork merchants will not sell boilers or parts to non RGII installers or public for safety reasons.
    Most installers will only fit boilers they supply, bough from good merchants which have a good back up for reliability, service and parts.

Ring any service engineer RGII and ask them what they think of B&Q boilers and if there good. Or ask on plumbing & heating forum.

Nobody I know here in Cork will fit a boiler supplied by client bought from a DIY store.

Sorry.

Only trying to save you money with my reply.

scudo2 wrote: »
    Plenty of good make gas boilers suitable for open vented. Some are for both.
    3 year warranty is fools gold.
    Life span for good boiler should be 15-20+
    Go for a "GOOD" make, if not parts are a problem and boiler might need replacing after 5 years.

In Cork merchants will not sell boilers or parts to non RGII installers or public for safety reasons.
    Most installers will only fit boilers they supply, bough from good merchants which have a good back up for reliability, service and parts.

Ring any service engineer RGII and ask them what they think of B&Q boilers and if there good. Or ask on plumbing & heating forum.

Nobody I know here in Cork will fit a boiler supplied by client bought from a DIY store.

Sorry.

Only trying to save you money with my reply.

I think the original poster was the person buying a b and q boiler scudo. That was 5 years ago. But I agree with what your saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I think the original poster was the person buying a b and q boiler scudo. That was 5 years ago. But I agree with what your saying

Aldi wine !!!!

Cheers for trying to sober me up !

The diplomatic "I think" part was good.

scudo2 wrote: »
    Aldi wine !!!!

Cheers for trying to sober me up !

The diplomatic "I think" part was good.

It's a Pity the wine isn't 5 years old!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement